X

Raised handlebars

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raised handlebars

Well I've used the search feature and can't find a definitive answer on raising the bars on an 1100.Some post say risers but don't give the brand, etc.So has anybody actually raised their 1100 bars and if so how did you do it?Thank you

I have seen kits on eBay for about $50.00, but they are rare. They are just spacers that sit under your bars raising them about an inch. A machine shop should be able to make them pretty cheap, I would not go with the longer bolts and some washers from Lowes since the leverage you apply to steer could snap off a bar. They bolts you will need, the washers you don't. Dont go to high or else you will have issues with your hoses being to short and your throttle and choke cables being stretched. However 3/4" will make a big difference for your back.
    01 Bandit 1200 engine w/91 GSXR 1100 intake cam 36mm Carbs w/Stage 1 Jet kit/dual pod K&N filters. 90 GSXR 1100 wheels and front brakes. DID 530 chain. 93 GSXR 750 rear shock, Full Yoshimura exhaust system 4 into 1

Comment

Back in 93, right after I bought my 92, I removed my bars and shipped them to a company in (I believe) in New York to have them raised 1". Made a BIG difference, putting more of my weight on my butt and taking it off my wrists.

Sorry I can't remember the company info, but I found the company listed in the back pages of one of the motorcycle magazines. If you search those ads, you may find it.

Jake

Comment

Does anyone have pictures on how this is done? - I'm eager to get this done, but I'm not able to locate a "kit" for it locally (there at extremely few GSX1100F Kat's in Norway)...

Comment

Working...
        X