X

Track Day

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track Day

A few of us decided to spend the day on the track at Toronto Motorsports Park yesterday afternoon. Chelle333 and myself were first timers, but we had some good coaching from those that were track veterans.

I was riding an SV650
    Chelle333 on her FZR600
    and Dan was on his Kat

unloading the bikes

The bikes lined up and waiting:

On the track:

Chelle333 pulling away.

All in all it was a great day. The weather was awesome, and the track was great. A big thanks to Dan, Ken, Petey and Steve for all of the tips and coaching. You guys were great and helped make the day that much better

www.SOARacing.ca

Guylaine
    Try and keep up now

Comment

looks like alot of fun.

Comment

nice pics look like everyone have a good time thanks for sharing the pics
        sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Awesome day. Thanks again Joe, and Michelle for hauling my bike to and from, as well as doing all the prep work. I don't know what I would have done without the extra motivation provided by snow white.

Just an all round awesome day. Great track, great people. Very sore today. But it was all well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post

Just an all round awesome day. Great track, great people. Very sore today. But it was all well worth it.
            Yeah, I am pretty sore today too.

Also in case anyone was wondering, it turns out a Kat 600 is faster than a couple of 1098's

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

thats awsome dude.... looks like a great day yall had and im deff jealous.....
              THE EMAIL BANDIT
              F4 I stunted out
              Cbr900 (low and stretched)
              MK III Jetta VR6 TURBO.....

Previously 93 Katana 750....

Comment

Looks like big fun, you guys!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chinto View Post
                  Yeah, I am pretty sore today too.

Also in case anyone was wondering, it turns out a Kat 600 is faster than a couple of 1098's
                  +1 on the sore part and add a little tired as well.

Turns out that Yellow Kat 600 is faster than quite a bit on the track. Very impressive. Must have been snow white.

Special thanks to Joe, Dan and Ken for talking me through what I needed to know. I had lots of fun and learned a little too!

Can't wait for the next time!

Comment

Great pics!!! Looks like you guys had a blast.

I know how the Kat is on the track so Chelle what's you think of the fizzer's track manners?

Since the rally is out for me next year I think I'm gonna have to do a few trackdays next year. Calabogie was just way to much fun.
                    Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by woobie View Post
                      Great pics!!! Looks like you guys had a blast.

I know how the Kat is on the track so Chelle what's you think of the fizzer's track manners?

Since the rally is out for me next year I think I'm gonna have to do a few trackdays next year. Calabogie was just way to much fun.
                      I am probably not the one to answer that question as I was the pokey one on the track. Everyone lapped me in our group - I believe Dan did twice on one session. I guess I have to admit I was the slowest of the day, but I came home with pretty fairings so no big deal - no egomaniac from me. Chinto took the Fizzer out for one session and seemed to enjoy it. I know he had the front end up once or twice and scrapped the right side peg - he may be more "qualified" to answer that question.

I did have an opportunity to ride the SV650 as well and had a blast. It was a great day indeed. I was a little intimidated at first but after one/two laps I was more comfortable. Next time I will lean a little more - maybe one day drag my Knee LOL!!! Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by woobie View Post

Originally posted by chelle333 View Post
                        I am probably not the one to answer that question as I was the pokey one on the track.
                        Chelle did a lot better than she'd have you believe. She rode smooth lines (far better than mine). Stayed on the track all day (I can't say the same) and as she mentioned, the bike looks and runs the same as it did when we got there.

As for the Fizzer's track manners. It was a blast.

This was the first time that I had ridden the SV, or any twin that wasn't a Harley for that matter, and it took a while to get used to the power delivery. I wasn't uncomfortable on the Sv by any stretch, but it did feel and sound a bit foreign to me.

Now The FZR on the other hand...after a few sessions on the SV I jumped on the FZR, and almost immediately felt that I was in familiar territory. The power delivery was there when I expected it and the handling was great. My form on the other hand could have been a little better, but the bike was a blast to ride.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Originally posted by chinto View Post
                          My form on the other hand could have been a little better,.
                          You have great forms .. for a teddy bear
                          Guylaine
                          Try and keep up now

Comment

Originally posted by GSkyX-R1000 View Post
                            You have great forms .. for a teddy bear

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
                              Is that picture of you recent ???
                              Guylaine
                              Try and keep up now

Comment