X
X

The GAP

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and by "getting screwed" you meant in the bad way, right?

Comment

Originally posted by BradsKat View Post
      and by "getting screwed" you meant in the bad way, right?
      Not always...
      sigpicIn Memory Of Troy Allen Bell
      RIP 06/24/53 - 01/08/08
      I Miss You Pop
      2006 GSX1300R Hayabusa
      BMC aif filter,Lowered,Small air box mod,Bar riserers

Comment

okay, i got back from NC sunday and all went well...well, except for the fact that i went down on the gap. i honestly don't know what happened. one minute i was ridding the curves, the next thing i know i'm slidding on the pavement. i got up and walked away from the wreck with some road rash on my knee, my kat went down the mountain a little (about 15-20 ft. after hitting a tree). i can say the katana is one tough bird! after falling and sliding at about 40mph, it hit a tree and fell down the mountain. when i got up and looked down, the kat was rubber side up. i went down and turned it rightside up and thought for sure it was totalled. hagen came back for me and went down and amazingly cranked it right up! he drove it halfway up and we pulled it out the rest of the way with a truck. nothing bent, just road rash and cracks. i acctually drove it 400 miles home just fine!

all i have to say is I LOVE MY KAT!

Comment

Originally posted by cpark_12 View Post
          okay, i got back from NC sunday and all went well...well, except for the fact that i went down on the gap. i honestly don't know what happened. one minute i was ridding the curves, the next thing i know i'm slidding on the pavement. i got up and walked away from the wreck with some road rash on my knee, my kat went down the mountain a little (about 15-20 ft. after hitting a tree). i can say the katana is one tough bird! after falling and sliding at about 40mph, it hit a tree and fell down the mountain. when i got up and looked down, the kat was rubber side up. i went down and turned it rightside up and thought for sure it was totalled. hagen came back for me and went down and amazingly cranked it right up! he drove it halfway up and we pulled it out the rest of the way with a truck. nothing bent, just road rash and cracks. i acctually drove it 400 miles home just fine!

DAMN! glad to hear you are ok...killboy updates showed alot of oil on the road and many over the hill.......maybe you hit some of that.

glad to hear you are ok, and the kat also!

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Originally posted by cpark_12 View Post

Glad to hear that you and the Kat are alright. Where abouts on the Dragon were you when you went down?
            2007 Honda CBR600rr
            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
            sigpic

Comment

Glad to hear you both came out of it ok.
              Last edited by idphillips; 07-11-2008, 07:19 AM.
              2005 Katana 750 Traded 04/08
              2008 Concours 14
              www.myspace.com/nc_kat750

Comment

i don't know exactly where i went down, hagen can probably tell you better than me... i did see alot of oil on the road that day, so i may have hit it.

Comment

next left after catch all...

Ya.. You went down right after the catch all... you gots to be carefull.. My bike is different with the suspension upgrade... I think you may have dug your peg in or something... Heard you were dragging your pegs.. My local buddy on the black R6 that passed you said you were dragging... need to adjust your suspension to max i think 6 rear... Just be carefull....later fellers..

hagen
                  HA!!

Comment

Really Awesome Region!!!

Man, REALLY GLAD to hear you're okay!!!

A couple days ago we got home from a Memphis, Huntsville, Chattanooga, Pigeon Forge, Gattlinburg, Foothills Pkwy, Dragon, Cherohala Skwy, Nashville, Memphis trip...IT WAS COOL!!!

The dragon was cool but we really enjoyed the Foothills Pkwy and Cherohala Skwy a lot more. The dragon is much more technical but all there is to see is blacktop, ditches, gravel, oil, trees, and your own tail lights!!! Don't get me wrong it's FUN but the Pkwy & Skwy allow a higher speed with lots of gorgeous scenery that you can actually look at a little while still maintaining a safe and spirited pace.

We ran "the loop" all day Monday and only saw one LEO all day, parked in his SUV about 1/2 way through the dragon just waving at everybody, probably waiting for another crash to occur. We saw a poor couple dump their beautiful blue "K" Beemer touring rig at a Foothills pullover. He was making a "U" turn to park and all of a sudden she reved up as she spun in. The Pillion ejected herself on the way down and the driver tried all the way to the ground not to let it happen. Everybody and everything seemed okay other than his paint and his pride. There's just something not right about a bike who uses the cyliders for crash pegs! I know they offer crash gaurds but still!!!

We had a GREAT time. Wished we could've made the rally but one of the Mrs best friends renewed her vows in PF last Sunday so we couldn't be off work that many days straight.

Y'all have fun over there and be safe!!!

Comment

I prefer the Dragon and Rt 28 over the Cherohala Skyway. Also, Blood mountain in Georgia was an awesome ride as well.
                      2007 Honda CBR600rr
                      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                      sigpic

Comment

yeah, blood mt is a great ride too. i'll actually be hitting that up in late august, around the 20-24th ish. i'll try to keep the rubber down this time!

Comment

Glad your ok
                          Die Living, rather than live dying

Comment

No, I don't shop at the Gap. I prefer Forever 21.

Comment

They meant Deal's Gap, EnJay
                              2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                              2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Working...
                              X