X

Signal Integrator for newer Kats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signal Integrator for newer Kats

I don't know if anyone else has tried this or not yet, but the ottawa boys helped me install some accessory lighting to my Kat, as well as an integrator kit to get rid of those bulky rear turn signals. This only works for 03 and 04 Kats because of the side by side rear signal lights.
    I also added a sets of LEDs as auxilary lights and direction lights.
    I like it, and I'm told they are extremely bright in the daylight, and especially at night. I had previously removed the stock bulbs and replaced them with LEDs when I put the clear tail on.
    Installation wasn't too too bad, when you have some help and basic electrical knowledge. I would seriously recommend soldering the few connections required versus using butt connectors as they tend to come apart with all the bike vibrations.
    Anyhow, here are a couple of pics.

Only problem I have now, is that the signal indicator thinks there is a bulb out, which causes the signals to flash twice as fast as it regularly would. Anyone know how to solve this ?
    Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
    Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Looks sharp Jackal.
    The "fast-flashing" can be eliminated with the fitment of powerresistors, seen them overhere specially made for motorcycles in some shops, so they must be available somewhere in your neighbourhood..

Comment

nicely done...congrats

Comment

I bet they look way cool , but cant see the images, says too many users online.. will try it later

Comment

Jackals bike looks sweet! Really sharp.
          Hey Jackal you want to sell you clear indicators you had on before?
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

there thats better...dizamm!! looking way cool!! 8)

Comment

Re: Signal Integrator for newer Kats

Originally posted by JACKAL
              Only problem I have now, is that the signal indicator thinks there is a bulb out, which causes the signals to flash twice as fast as it regularly would. Anyone know how to solve this ?
              You can buy an off the shelf product from custom dynamics:
              Load Equalizer -- $17

Or fabricate your own by adding the appropriate resistor inline, or by simply sticking a bulb back-in in parallel (make it flash red down onto your tires for a cool effect).

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
              X