X

New Rider out of Texas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rider out of Texas

Hello Katriders, I am a new rider and recent owner of a 2006 Katana 600 got it with approximately 5000 miles. It has actually pained me to make this post considering on the 1st day I dropped it twice and on the 3rd day I got into an accident and slide on some gravel I suppose target fixation, panic braking, and the gravel didn't bode well for me in my turning. The only damage seems to be on the fairing, turn signal cover, and the front brake lever. I have parts coming in this week so I should be back up and going by next week.

Welcome to KatRiders.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Welcome. Take it easy.

Comment

Hope you're ok. Get yourself some quality gear. Educate yourself on proper riding technique as well. Education goes a looking way.

Welcome.
        My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
        2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Welcome to KR
          1992- project katfighter
          2005- GSXR750
          2001- TL1000R
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
          www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders.

Comment

Welcome to KR! What town? Saying you are from Texas is like saying you're from North America...I used to live in Wink.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
                What town? Saying you are from Texas is like saying you're from North America
                I live in Midland/Odessa right now, but am a college student and will be moving to Lubbock here shortly for fall semester. I feel you on that I used to live in Venezuela and Texas is larger than the whole country (at least when I was there).

Comment

I have been in Colorado to stay since the summer of 2012. Before that, I was teaching high school English in...Kermit and Wink for decades and riding my Kats or my Ninjas to Midland five nights per week as house musician at Venezia Restaurant, on Wadley Street in Midland for two decades. I had a feeling you might be in that area. Try going to Venezia some night and ask about Dan the guitar player.

If you are new to the area...Kermit/Wink are 70 miles away...no distance at all down there. Cintidude is up in Seminole...not too far away either. Be groovy.
                  Last edited by zuma; 07-19-2016, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Texas Tech? Can you say, "Guns up!" ?

Comment

Update/Farewell

So I have been torn on creating this post. I figure that adding this to my introduction to the site would be the best place for my farewell.
                      Updates, after the insurance post I sold the bike and was bikeless for a solid 9 months. During which I dealt with all the lovely court costs for my "accident" and attempting to get not points on my license.
                      After all of that I did an internship (still a college student) for 3 months and bought a new bike (2012 DL1000A). I have since toured on it, done the maintenance, and even run out of gas (this past weekend). This forum has been a great resource not just for Kats but also general riding. I found myself reading the forums about The Pace, body position, watching Twist of the Wrist, and other things. This is all horrible garbled and my ramblings but thank you Katriders.

p.s Zuma I never did go to Venezia's and ask but it is still on my list of places.

Comment

Good luck with the new ride!

A lot of the more active members here don't actually have kats anymore fyi, no need to be a stranger.
                        1998 Katana 750
                        1992 Katana 1100
                        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Careful, 600's are big for a starter bike. Welcome.
                          "There's a green blur and a Gray blur. I try to stay on the gray one" Joey Dunlop RIP

Comment

The 600 kat is typical starter bike. Just big enough to grow into before you grow out of... many have started on a 600 kat.

The 600 kat is typical starter bike. Just big enough to grow into before you grow out of... many have started on a 600 kat.
                            Last edited by 92xjunker; 09-19-2017, 12:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                            spammer police
                            USAF veteran
                            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
                            X