X

Members: Scout VS Str8poolbanger

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 Awesome thread!
    "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
      Thank you for one of the coolest threads I've ever seen on Katriders!
      For you having over 5K posts I will take this as a great accomplishment! Thank you!
      Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

Comment

Looks like a good time, glad you guys had fun!

I take it leathers aren't required at your track until you hit a certain ET or MPH?

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

This is awesome. I'm so digging this.
          -Fire Is Good, It purifies the Soul.
          sigpic

Comment

Cool stuff gents! thx for sharing.
            2004 GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post

I take it leathers aren't required at your track until you hit a certain ET or MPH?
              leathers are required, it was our first time so they lwt us go with jeans. but we was told next tine we must have leathers.
              Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

Comment

Dave, you'll finally get to wear that leather gimp mask of yours. Remember to leave the eye zippers open, and the safe word is "Murderous Bed."
                ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                Semper Fi

Comment

I have race mine and goes 12:5 on the 1/4 mile completely stock with a yoshi slip-on
                  LET'S GO AND RIDE

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post

Even at Norwalk (sorry, "Summit Motorsports Park" these days...) on Wednesdays you don't need to wear leathers until you hit the 9's, IIRC. I think the only thing I've seen them bust peoples' balls about at Norwalk is gloves. You have to wear gloves no matter what you run.

At AMA events, everybody has to wear leathers. That's just how AMA gets down.

Originally posted by str8poolbanger View Post
                    My best reaction time was: .0136
                    My best quarter was: 12.8561 @97.74 MPH

Scout:

Best reaction time: .1080
                    Best 1/4 time was: 13.0646 @101.90
                    Don't worry about your reaction time: It doesn't factor into your ET (but it does factor into your over all time, so it can make the difference between winning or losing). Be more worried about your 60' time, and try to get that down.

Oh, and stay off of the shiny part of the track! The rubber layed down by the big-tired cars is helpful, and sometimes the street cars like to drip oil/antifreeze/power steering fluid in between the tire tracks.
                    Last edited by loudnlow7484; 07-22-2011, 11:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by str8poolbanger View Post
                      For you having over 5K posts I will take this as a great accomplishment! Thank you!
                      he only has 5k posts, and is very happily married.....so take that compliment with a grain of salt. the best post ever is in the super lounge and has lots of pics with women with huge boobs.

but not to worry, this one still ranks up there with the best of them. looks like you guys had a blast.
                      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                        Even at Norwalk (sorry, "Summit Motorsports Park" these days...) on Wednesdays you don't need to wear leathers until you hit the 9's, IIRC. I think the only thing I've seen them bust peoples' balls about at Norwalk is gloves. You have to wear gloves no matter what you run.

At AMA events, everybody has to wear leathers. That's just how AMA gets down.

Don't worry about your reaction time: It doesn't factor into your ET (but it does factor into your over all time, so it can make the difference between winning or losing). Be more worried about your 60' time, and try to get that down.

Oh, and stay off of the shiny part of the track! The rubber layed down by the big-tired cars is helpful, and sometimes the street cars like to drip oil/antifreeze/power steering fluid in between the tire tracks.
                        My 60 foot times were all better than his, except for the second run, in which his reaction time was .26 and mine was .51. His 60 foot time on that run was 2.1013, mine was 2.1301. The slips show that I was running the faster bike, but he was catching me off the line every time. Only once, was I able to run him down, and that finish margin was .0037. So I think I need to work on my "tree" timing. And I'm going to add a little mod to my bike to make up for the weight advantage that he has, as well as the sprocket advantage. That should even things out nicely, and bring it all down to rider ability.

And thanks for the track advice, bro. I stayed in the tire lanes for each run. In addition to riding to the track and already having warm tires, the extra rubber on the track negated us having to burn our skins off before launch.

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
                        but not to worry, this one still ranks up there with the best of them. looks like you guys had a blast.
                        Thanks, Mike. We did have a great time. Our friends were hyping it all week. "Tuna vs. Tuna" "Old vs. New" "Skinny vs. Fat" "Iceman vs. Digi Man" I'm just glad that neither one of us got hurt (Dave!!!!!!!!) and that we were able to entertain our friends, and you guys.
                        Last edited by Scout; 07-22-2011, 11:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                        ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                        チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                        Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Scout View Post
                          My 60 foot times were all better than his, except for the second run, in which his reaction time was .26 and mine was .51. His 60 foot time on that run was 2.1013, mine was 2.1301. The slips show that I was running the faster bike, but he was catching me off the line every time. Only once, was I able to run him down, and that finish margin was .0037. So I think I need to work on my "tree" timing. And I'm going to add a little mod to my bike to make up for the weight advantage that he has, as well as the sprocket advantage. That should even things out nicely, and bring it all down to rider ability.

And thanks for the track advice, bro. I stayed in the tire lanes for each run. In addition to riding to the track and already having warm tires, the extra rubber on the track negated us having to burn our skins off before launch.

What I meant was that reaction time can help you get a win light, but it doesn't make you faster. You should be able to easily get a full second off of your ET if you keep heading to the track and improving your technique. If you look at my timeslips, my reaction time is always terrible. There are times I'll even just sit at the light for a second, to take the pressure off before I launch. It really helps, to be able to focus on just being faster.

You can sit around and drill yourself on a practice tree at home if you want to improve your reaction times.
                          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I don't want to sound like a nay sayer. I'm just curious.

I've read online where the 600 kat is supposed to run low 13's in the 1/4 mile. Was it just really hot that day or something?

Comment

Originally posted by freqflyer View Post

I've read online where the 600 kat is supposed to run low 13's in the 1/4 mile. Was it just really hot that day or something?
                              If you run a Honda Civic, and the car mags say it can do 16.5, then you will probably be able to pull a 16.7 your first time out. It's easy to race a low-powered, fuel injected, automatic car. Motorcycles are completely different. I've seen R1's run in the 12's before. Dragging a bike requires a bunch of practice and a fair amount of natural ability to do it correctly.

My first run on a Katana was in the mid 12's. By the end of that night I was down to 11.8. It took me the rest of the season to get down to 11.3, and the bike still could have run faster than that.

Comment

Originally posted by freqflyer View Post

Everything that was already said and YES it was blazing hot. On the track itself it was over 105 degrees.

Comment

Working...
                                X