No announcement yet.
X

When Is A Ride Too Long?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my bike is crazy loud... but it still doesn't count.
    Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
    Tony
    94 Katana 600

Comment

If you ever get a chance, try riding an early Honda VF Interceptor or Magna with a 4-1 pipe. If you slam the throttle open without downshifting it makes one of the coolest sounds a bike can make. It's a throaty roar that goes up in pitch as the engine winds up and the torque gives way to higher rev horses. Amazing!
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
        If you ever get a chance, try riding an early Honda VF Interceptor or Magna with a 4-1 pipe. If you slam the throttle open without downshifting it makes one of the coolest sounds a bike can make. It's a throaty roar that goes up in pitch as the engine winds up and the torque gives way to higher rev horses. Amazing!
        I know some of the old Vmax's sound like a big block V8 with the right mods. lol
        John,
        '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, those things are monsters! Have we jacked this thread enough?

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. I left a small detail out of the original post (I want to talk about riding and not about health stuff). The reason I only ride out 150 miles or so on weekends is not because of a sore butt, I have ridden as much as 6 hours locally at one time and was still enjoying it, I have a heart condition and have to take it easy when riding. It if wasn't for that I would plan a ride to Canada.

It's not fun getting old, but I still love to ride.
            Last edited by ChrisInTexas; 01-13-2011, 02:19 PM.
            "Emini's are the future"

Comment

If the heart condition is that serious, you might want to consider finding a riding buddy (maybe a fellow local KR member?) to accompany you on the trips. Safety in numbers thing and all. (just a suggestion)
              John,
              sigpic

Comment

My inner child is alive and well, but it's my outer child that keeps me grooving. No harm in that, now is there?

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisInTexas View Post
                  ...I have a heart condition...
                  At that point, a riding buddy becomes a must-have!

Originally posted by zuma View Post
                  My inner child is alive and well, but it's my outer child that keeps me grooving. No harm in that, now is there?
                  None at all!
                  Last edited by Wild-Bill; 01-12-2011, 09:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                  HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

There's a lyric in a song by "Rush" that goes something like this : "The point of a journey is not to arrive". I think they mean that the trip is more important than the destination.
                    Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by DClark View Post
                      There's a lyric in a song by "Rush" that goes something like this : "The point of a journey is not to arrive". I think they mean that the trip is more important than the destination.
                      Have fun!
                      My dad must have heard that song early. On many of our trips when I was a child, we wondered whether or not we would "arrive" because he often took wrong turns and we explored regions unknown to us. Arriving was never a guarantee. Made things interesting though, as long as he didn't see my grinning face in the back seat or hear my laughter.

Comment

Looked it up, that lyric is from "Prime Mover"
                        "From the point of ignition
                        To the final drive
                        The point of the journey is not to arrive"

For those who are unaware,Neil Peart, drummer of Rush (best drummer in the world!) is a total bike nut and rides one of those BMW adventure tour type bikes from concert to concert.

Comment

Originally posted by DClark View Post
                          Looked it up, that lyric is from "Prime Mover"
                          "From the point of ignition
                          To the final drive
                          The point of the journey is not to arrive"

For those who are unaware,Neil Peart, drummer of Rush (best drummer in the world!) is a total bike nut and rides one of those BMW adventure tour type bikes from concert to concert.
                          With all due respect...might we say, "living drummer". Bonzo comes to mind, naturally. 2112! Man!

Comment

No offense, but I thought everyone knew Peter Chris was the best drummer lol. Have we jacked this thread enough yet? back to the topic?
                            John,
                            sigpic

Comment

I agree with all of your choices, but I think one of the best drummers of all time is Mick Fleetwood.
                              "Emini's are the future"

Comment

Ok.......just one last threadjack.... Michael Shrieve..... we got turned back in Buffalo because we "seemed under the influence"...and I missed it.... part of the "journey"...
                                [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JryQXilMj4"]YouTube - Santana - Soul Sacrifice (Woodstock 1969)[/ame]
                                sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                                ------------------------------------------
                                89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                                96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Working...
                                X