X

Bandit tail swap?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandit tail swap?

I'm wanting to do a tail swap on my '90 GSX 750. I'm been trying to decide on a donor. The Bandit tail doesn't look great.. but it looks like it might be fairly easy swap. Anyone know how the Bandit subframe dimensions compare to the Katanas?

Is there a known "easiest" tail swap?

Here is a pic of the bandit tail. I was thinking maybe I could just buy the tail fairing, and seat and modify my subframe to except it.

Even the 600 tail would look quite a bit better... but I think even swapping to the 600 tail requires quite a bit of modifications. Right?
    Last edited by stephenspann27; 10-01-2010, 10:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The bandit tail will look better, but it'll still look like a flying tadpole.

Comment

Info on putting a Pre 600 tail onto a Pre 750.

This is place to post up your long term projects. Projects that took you a while to get done. Post them here. Examples like kwebbel's build up , B-12 engine swaps, swing arm swaps etc..would go here.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
        Info on putting a Pre 600 tail onto a Pre 750.

This is place to post up your long term projects. Projects that took you a while to get done. Post them here. Examples like kwebbel's build up , B-12 engine swaps, swing arm swaps etc..would go here.

Krey
        doesn't look to bad.. I guess the the problem with a 600 tail swap is it makes your bike look like a 600..

Comment

It's a popular swap for the huge assended 750 tail light. Looks more sport styled than cut off.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Trust me, no one knows the difference between a pre 98 600 and 750 Katana. I know very well and I don't even give a shit.

Comment

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran

Comment

Guy not to be a "Debbie Downer" but you brought a 6 year old thread back to life
                2002 750 Kat
                2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
                2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
                2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
                1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
                2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

I didn't even notice that. Epic fail man, epic fail.

Comment

That's good for the newbs..... That's not sooo old wait till I'm not working...I'll bring back a few grandfather threads...
                    Last edited by 92xjunker; 06-03-2016, 02:25 PM.
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                    X