No announcement yet.
X

What music do you listen to on rides?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never realized until I bought a Goldwing, on a whim, that listening to music while riding a bike was so enjoyable. Those that have not tried it really should.

That said, I listen to all sorts of stuff from 60's rock to grunge, but I almost crashed listing to outta space by Billy Preston, cause I got a bit too much into it lol (great high speed rythm)
    My YouTube Videos
    My motorcyle map!

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
      I cant believe people listen to music inside a helmet... I tried it and cant hear whats going on around me.
      Then turn down the volume.

I like a bit of everything, from Tom Lehrer to Lenny Kravitz to the Beatles, Ramones and Suicidal Tendencies. Country is in there, too, I love TSO (Christmas Eve in Sarajevo really got to me after I was there on a Christmas day back in 95.) and Jewel has a voice like sex.

I've got about 16,000 tracks on an old Jukebox Zen that I set on random play and forget. Trick is to let the music be a background to what you're doing, not the foreground that blocks out what you're doing.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

What is the safest way to go about listening to music? Ohio requires that you can only have one earphone in, but is there an easy way to do helmet speakers, or is there something i'm missing...
        -Giaco
        '81 CM400C,
        '99 GSXF 750

Comment

Take your pick:

Depending on your music source and the speakers you get, you may find that you need a boost. If so, try this:
          "One way to overcome aircraft cabin noise is to make your music louder, and the Boostaroo amplifier obliges. Even better, it allows up to three people to share the stereo output from a single device, assuming they all have headphones. If you have two or three kids on a long car trip, you need this gizmo."

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Thanks bill! It would be nice to kill off the wind buffet sound on the highway, but i suppose safety is more than worth not having in-ear headphones...
            -Giaco
            '81 CM400C,
            '99 GSXF 750

Comment

Megadeath, Rob Zombie God Smack Motor Head and the Doors.

Comment

Originally posted by Giaco View Post
                Thanks bill! It would be nice to kill off the wind buffet sound on the highway, but i suppose safety is more than worth not having in-ear headphones...
                For the wind buffet you can wear earplugs (they do a nice job of reducing the noise level without killing your ability to hear traffic) or get one of those socks that go around the bottom of the helmet and seals up around your neck.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                X