No announcement yet.
X

new to the kat....but not two wheelers.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to the kat....but not two wheelers.

so i got this kat 600 a month ago. since ive put a all new fairing kit, new front and rear tire. also bulbs led mirros grips and levers... needless to say im getting pretty deep in this bitch and now its time for oil and filter. its a 05 with 5900 miles it has been jetted also when i got two brothers put on. so what kind of oil do i need and filter? ive been a dirt bike rider my whole life and i dont plan on giving this old girl slack so let me know your thoughts please.

Rotella is popular. K&N oil filter is good.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

in the off road clicks its pretty well known the k&n s let too much dirt through...? thoughts?

Comment

They are ok for a tank motor like the one in the katana's. Being oil/air cooled the flow could help with cooling.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Since cost is not a concern, I use Mobil 1 Racing 4T oil in all my sport bikes. K&N filters, although I like Purolator or Wix as-well.
          '92 GSX1100F Red/Maroon

Comment

I've been using wix filters for 100k miles on my 600. Rotella t6 for the last 50k miles. No problems with either.
            1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Working...
            X