KOTM Feb 2009 Mat0302

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Riding Tips

Riding Tips First bike? Old rider that learned a new lesson?
Post your questions, tips and experiences here so we can all learn from them!

Old 05-15-2006, 12:00 PM   #11
macgyver
Kat Daddy

why arnt they using junk bikes that were totaled and wrecked to lay over on the side instead of using new BMW's??

macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:43 PM   #12
BassKat
Squid

This is great stuff, and these women look very strong, so if I drop my bike and don't pick it up right, can I call on them? Seriously, this is the easiest way to do it with a Kat, which we all know is no light bike, unless you're Schwartzenegger or are taking steroids. Just watch the potential flip-over from one side to the other.
BassKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 05:57 AM   #13
Anatak
Katrider

I put the kick stand half down this morning (accidentally of course), while getting off the bike it fell toward the leaning side (right) and knock me over. My leg was under the Kat had to leave my shoe under it to get my leg out. Greatfully I'd read the article on how to lift it properly and had it back up in less than 10 seconds. Thank God for that postings... Thank God this site.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, yes, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom. Men who didn’t understand the difference have been the ruin of some of the world’s greatest civilizations." - Lionel Luthor
Anatak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 03:58 PM   #14
papiocho
Skid Mark

papiocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:30 AM   #15
damien
Katrider

eBay ID: skwee-g

I dropped mine in my driveway once at my moms house and had to have her come help me pick it up... I picked it up before, but just didn't have the energy... needless to say she was amused...
Old 06-18-2006, 10:22 AM   #16
Viper817
Knee Dragger

got it,,,now if i can just put the center stand down...

Viper817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:17 PM   #17
jasonrun
Rookie

That method seems to work for people in skirts... I don't think I would ever use it unless I already failed at lifting for some reason. I just got a used 91 600 as a first bike and I wanted to break it in a little (literally) just on the empty streets around my house. I he-manned it three times within a couple hours. I was already planning on replacing the plastics, and now I have an excuse to replace the mirrors and windshield. =D Anyway, I'm only 120lbs and I didn't have a problem with it, just crouched down, grabbed the hand grips and lifted. My lack of height might help me with leverage I suppose, though it also contributes to the falling so many times. I'm planning on lowering it a little, and doing whatever I can to reduce weight / lower the CofG. I hope that it won't be much of an issue once I'm done with the 25 hour training course I'm taking in a couple weeks.
jasonrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 12:35 AM   #18
azndave
Skid Mark

Being new to the bike scene and having already done this, that is very helpful. I never thought to do it that way. It's ironic that they are lifting a BMW because I saw a guy drop on in a parking lot just today (but on the right side.)

1995 Kat 600
Vance & Hines exhaust system
Dynojet Stage Kit
azndave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 08:25 AM   #19
brownwa
Tank Slapper

This thread is a life saver. This morning I was out in Bayview Village (South Bayview) in Toronto and had to wail on the front brake on a little side street. The bike stopped safely but I was leaning ever-so-slightly to the left with my feet still on the pegs. So the bike said "eff-you brownwa" and proceeded to kneel left and kiss the pavement.

Using the above method I swear-to-God I had the bike up in 5 seconds, effortlessly. I'm going to see the instructors at the motorcycle course at Humber and tell them to include this technique in the training. Had I not learned it on Katriders.com, I would still be in Bayview Village right now trying to pick up the 440lb f***er.

Old 07-12-2006, 01:00 PM   #20
52isntbigenough
Squid

I've tipped my bike over a few times now, this has helped to save my back!
52isntbigenough is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Riding Tips