No announcement yet.
X

Hello all

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, proper clutch adjustment isn't just at the bar, it's also at the engine case. Use the Google search function at the top right and search clutch adjustment, look for the write up by Krey. It's well written, easy to follow, and damn makes a nice difference. Pretty easy to do even for someone inexperienced.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
      So, proper clutch adjustment isn't just at the bar, it's also at the engine case. Use the Google search function at the top right and search clutch adjustment, look for the write up by Krey. It's well written, easy to follow, and damn makes a nice difference. Pretty easy to do even for someone inexperienced.

Thanks man will be doing that this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Myers2002 View Post
        Thanks man will be doing that this weekend
        One mote thing why do u think my air cleaner is burnt

Comment

You sure it isn't just dirty? Burnt would be bad
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

Comment

You sure it isn't just dirty? Burnt would be bad
            Go figure I tried blowing it off but it is brownish on one side not all the way but a part of it why do u say that's bad

Comment

Actually I think HS2020 was the one who did the clutch adj write up... or did I do one too? I don't remember. Lol.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I linked HS2020's thread.....
                "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                spammer police
                USAF veteran
                If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                  I linked HS2020's thread.....
                  So I don't know if this helps but I got 15 mpg.. Which was 70 miles on a tank.

Comment

Should be around 45ish
                    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran
                    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                      Should be around 45ish
                      Hopefully cleaning the carbs will do it

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                        Actually I think HS2020 was the one who did the clutch adj write up... or did I do one too? I don't remember. Lol.

Krey
                        Oops, well, yep, the one that Junker linked to is indeed the one I meant.

If you have a rusty gas tank, and then get fuel in the airbox, that might make for a brownish filter...
                        or if the crankcase is too full, and oil is coming in the airbox, that could as well.
                        1998 Katana 750
                        1992 Katana 1100
                        2006 Ninja 250

Comment

Oops, well, yep, the one that Junker linked to is indeed the one I meant.

If you have a rusty gas tank, and then get fuel in the airbox, that might make for a brownish filter...
                          or if the crankcase is too full, and oil is coming in the airbox, that could as well.
                          OK thank you I'm gonna clean them this weekend I just gotta learn how to adjust floats

Comment

Ha, found it!

Can't get it to run right? Find a trick to add HP?
                            From the first oil change to completely rebuilding the engine,
                            this is the place to talk about the heart of the beast!

So, you'll want to do this too. It's not strictly speaking the adjustment, but man oh man will it be smoother after.
                            1998 Katana 750
                            1992 Katana 1100
                            2006 Ninja 250

Comment

Ha, found it!

Can't get it to run right? Find a trick to add HP?
                              From the first oil change to completely rebuilding the engine,
                              this is the place to talk about the heart of the beast!

So, you'll want to do this too. It's not strictly speaking the adjustment, but man oh man will it be smoother after.

Awesome thanks for all the help

Comment

1998 Katana 750
                                1992 Katana 1100
                                2006 Ninja 250

Comment

Working...
                                X