X

Please pay attention

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please pay attention

Ok earlier today the family and I were headed home from my wife's dr...scenario. ..two lane country road with hills and curves. .I'm running bout 55. Go around a curve at bout 45 50 and there coming towards us was a HD cruiser two up in my lane.??!! So I hit the brakes pull to the right in the grass,not the ditch, thankfully.both riders drop there cell phones swerve to miss us and I lost sight around the curve.I pull over turn around and go back to check on them. I see one phone shattered to pieces (I may have ran over it) no sign of the riders...no sign of them running off the road...PLEASE RIDERS BE CAREFUL. .it's not just cages that kill bikers

So, they were riding and holding their cell phones?? Yes, let's all be careful out there.
    GS1000SZ, GS1100EZ, GS1000ST (Wes Cooley)

Comment

Yep ridin and both had phones to their ears

Comment

Originally posted by Parts man View Post
        Yep ridin and both had phones to their ears
        Good Lord!! How stupid is that? It's getting scarier out there.

Comment

Gotta watch for anything and everything...in my area we have lots of deer

Comment

Gotta watch for anything and everything...in my area we have lots of deer
            The deer I watch out for. It's the motorcyclists on cell phones that I would never expect to see.

Comment

I lost a good friend when a buck deer jumped from the side of the road and took a ride with him for about 70 yards...two antlers went through his chest..his wife was riding behind him

Comment

I lost a good friend when a buck deer jumped from the side of the road and took a ride with him for about 70 yards...two antlers went through his chest..his wife was riding behind him
                I'm glad my wife doesn't see this forum, I'd be "asked" to sell all of my motorcycles with that story. It is a sad story...

Comment

All we can do is keep alert and hope for the best...always expect the worst

Comment

Drastic, using a cell phone during riding would be a threat not only for himself but also for others.

Comment

California law ban using phone while driving.
                      Starting January 1st, Assembly Bill 1785 goes into effect, which bans California drivers from using their phones in any way while holding them.

Comment

We have to be well aware of these laws.

Comment

Moreover, particularly riding in winter is more challenging lack of expertise, skills and knowledge would be more harmful.
                          Here some general tips for newbie riders.
                          In this motorcycle safety info graphic we explain the top tips for winter riding. With this guide you can learn about the ways to stay safe on the cold winter roads.

Comment

Working...
                          X