Katana of the Month - November 2007  teddy

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Riding Tips

Riding Tips First bike? Old rider that learned a new lesson?
Post your questions, tips and experiences here so we can all learn from them!

Old 05-14-2015, 08:39 AM   #261
markskater
Skid Mark

Default center stand

My bike was lowered by the previous jocky. I've had four back surgeries. The is no way I will ever get it on a center stand. I would like to restore the stock linkage and trade the lowering kit with someone who can use it, but I just hate to be without my bike while I wait for our parts to go back and forth. And there is the whole trust issue. Maybe I will just buy the stock linkage. I really would like to be able to use my center stand.
markskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 02:14 PM   #262
kanatunawagz
Squid

guys/gals... ill admit, i cannot get mine onto stand either..lol i feel like a dummy. ive watcheda bout a dozen videos, even of little ole ladys doing it..hahaha. the other day i broke a sweat and thought i was gonna stroke out...im only 30 and im a pretty active individual.. i got so pissed i about threw the bike on its side! hahaha. man o man.. i dunno wtf im doing wrong. i tried EVERYTHING....everything the vidos and this thread suggested, and still.....no dice. lol guess ill use my sidestand...Screw it!
kanatunawagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 06:26 PM   #263
"K"
Knee Dragger

You can always try cutting the centerstand down 1/8 or 1/4 inch and weld small plates onto the legs.
"K" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 01:13 PM   #264
Max Vador
Katrider

i put mine up yesterday for the first time. i'll admit it ain't easy. just use the heel of your foot and put as much downward force on the stand as you can.
Max Vador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 08:27 AM   #265
Absyn-thesis
Knee Dragger

Default This method works great, but...

...I've broken the frame of a ventura-rack that used to be on the bike trying to lift under the seat.

After putting both centre-stand feet down, and standing on the lever with me left heel, I hold the near handlebar in my left hand, and grab the passenger grab-bar behind the seat with my right hand, then lift across my body as described. The bike pops right up.

If my top-box is loaded, I may need to pull a little with my left hand as well as my right to complete the lift, but I try not to use the centre-stand when the bike has any load strapped on.

My bike weighs about three times what I do, and I don't have any trouble with this method. Great description; I just thought I'd include my minor adjustment.

'06 GSX750F
Absyn-thesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 05:18 PM   #266
wanger88
Skid Mark

Still can't figure it out... I swear this is harder than it sounds
wanger88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 07:28 AM   #267
jitenmazee
Chicken Strip

Hey man, thanks for tips. It is gonna be excited.
jitenmazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Riding Tips