X

Flushing Brake fluid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flushing Brake fluid

When flushing the brakes how much fluid do you normally go through? Ive looked and cant really find it. I have 2 12 oz bottles is that enough to do front and rear or should i pick up another bottle. Was just curious dont feel like running out for more fluid in the middle of it. thanks.

Jay
    2000 Kat 600 only mod is the D&D that came with it more to come soon though. Crash virginity lost 11/25/05....the rebuildin comes next HAHA

That should do it.
    My way:
    Open the res and use a wire tie or
    something soft and root around getting
    all the scum loose from the resiviour.
    then suck out 90 % of the dirty fluid.
    add a bit of clean fluid, repeat.

This saves you from pumping the nasty fluid
    out. Do the fronts frist.. They will take more fluid and are more important anyway.

Comment

Thanks i may pick up an extra just to have just in case. I just hate running out in the middle of something.

Jay
      2000 Kat 600 only mod is the D&D that came with it more to come soon though. Crash virginity lost 11/25/05....the rebuildin comes next HAHA

Comment

Damn , I did mine with one bottle , and still had plenty left over .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Never did mine before hence why im asking. I bought 2 12 ounce bottles thinking it should be enough. Asked on her to see what the normal amount used is for front and rear.

Jay

Comment

Wouldnt hurt to have extra, especially if u end up spilling some outta the bottle or use alittle more to flush out the old..but I didnt use nearly a whole bottle last time I did mine either.

Comment

I noticed there were two size bottles though a small and a big, which one are you talking about the small one?

Jay

Comment

Actually enough beating a dead horse. Ill just figure it out when i do it. Thats all lol thanks for the help guys haha.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                  That should do it.
                  My way:
                  Open the res and use a wire tie or
                  something soft and root around getting
                  all the scum loose from the resiviour.
                  then suck out 90 % of the dirty fluid.
                  add a bit of clean fluid, repeat.

out. Do the fronts frist.. They will take more fluid and are more important anyway.
                  You still pump out the old fluid from the lines & calipers after you swap the reservior fluid, right? If not, you're not doing much good...

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                    Originally posted by Black_peter

You still pump out the old fluid from the lines & calipers after you swap the reservior fluid, right? If not, you're not doing much good...

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Yes still flushing the fluid, but it makes no sense
                    to pump the crappy fluid from the resiviour through the lines..
                    Also you clean up the resiviour, so the nice clean fluid isn't
                    contaminated by the silt..

Comment

That isnt that bad of an idea BP its kind of like cheap insurance just clean out the resevoir to make sure the new fluid stays clean for as long as possible.

Jay

Comment

Working...
                      X