Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Who has a rusty arsed tank or really rusty parts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has a rusty arsed tank or really rusty parts?

I had a vendor who saw my gas tank rust removal webpage send me some samples of their organic water-based rust removal compound to test, in the hopes of getting it listed on that webpage with a positive review (I told them that I'd evaluate it honestly, so you need to do before and after pics). Preference to someone who has had previous rusty tank experience.

This is not a sealer-coating, simply a rust remover. My guess is it's based on a citric acid formulation, since they claim it is both environmentally friendly AND friendly to your hands.

Evaluator gets the product free, but has to pay actual shipping from me to them.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

CP got some rust tools and stuff if no one replys with a actual part....let me know

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Hey Cyberpoet my roomie has a 91 Ninja project bike that was stored outside with no gas cap on the tank. I believe its rusty enough to give this a shot. LOL

Hit me up with info if that works.

Comment

GDogg - Shoot some before pics of the tank and send it to me.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I have a tank of un-determined rust state... but I'm taking it to get coated on Saturday, otherwise I'd be in.

Arsenic might have one...
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
            Arsenic might have one...
            I'd be suprised if he didnt. He seems to have darn near everything else. btw Cyber, when you gonna start stockin Pre 750 caliper rebuild kits???
            99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
            1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
            '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
            Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Malt vinegar is the best/safest rust remover I have used. I wonder if its something like that?
              98 GSX750F
              95 Honda VT600 vlx
              08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

I am waiting to hear back from a friend about a pre I want. Once I hear whether or not it is going to some one else I will ask him to take pictures of the gas tank, since it does indeed have rust inside of it.

This is all assuming you haven't found some one else by then of course.

Comment

Originally posted by DumbLuck View Post
                  btw Cyber, when you gonna start stockin Pre 750 caliper rebuild kits???
                  I'm not. I get 1 or 2 requests a year for them, which doesn't justify me having them sit on the shelf for 6 months at a pop for the miniscule profit involved in them. Sorry...

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

What's the address to that webpage? I have a few tanks with some rust in them and was wondering how to get it out. My busa tank has rust in it and one of my Kats
                    Thanks

Comment

My webpage is here:
                      motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

You'll find the link to the rust removal page there.

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
                        Malt vinegar is the best/safest rust remover I have used. I wonder if its something like that?

how would you go about using it?
                        Rc51 sp2 power commander 3 with custom tune, speedcell battery, titanium rear subframe, sato banzi full titanium exhaust, 16/42 sprockets, turn one carbon fiber airbox and snorkel, sato rearsets scotts damper cgr shorty levers.... more added everyday

1997 kat 600: b12 rear shock, jetted and vance and hines full exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by forsaken View Post
                          how would you go about using it?
                          Just soak the parts in it overnight. It even works on rusty headers, etc. Do a search. I think there is a thread that was started on this before.
                          -
                          -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

My swingarm is nasty and i was thinking about some type of rust remover for it. And m great with how to's.

Can't get it to run right? Find a trick to add HP?
                            From the first oil change to completely rebuilding the engine,
                            this is the place to talk about the heart of the beast!

KatRiders.com conversations about Suzuki Katanas
                            and the days spent riding them. Includes Vintage Kats, Street Fighters, 1100 Kats Only, and Long Term Projects.
                            "Muck, what part of "Thou shall not" didn't you understand?" GOD

Comment

Working...
                            X