X

Need advice from Creese bracket users

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice from Creese bracket users

I want to order one of these today but now I'm confused as to which one to get. I'm posting a pic of the standard one that is sold on Ebay.

I have two questions:

1) What are the three sets of holes for? (top to bottom)

2) Do I want the the two tabs at the top to be bent in like that or should they be flat like the ones at the bottom? (I saw a post on this board saying that "the signal holders should not be bent in".

THANKS

As the picture sits, is how it mounts up to the bike looking from the back. The bent tabs are for your rear turn signals. The holes up top look to help mount the stock reflector. I zip tied mine because I have a different bracket. The bottom holes are to mount the license plate....hope this helps.

Last edited by jeffro7172; 05-20-2008, 12:27 PM. Reason: added pic

2001 Honda CBR1100XX - Super "Redbird"

Comment

Hey, that helps a lot. I thought those holes in the middle of it were for the license plate so I was confused.

I guess wether or not I want the tabs at the top bent in or not depends on what style of signals I get. Which raises another question.

What brand and model rear signals do you guys use. I need to know exactly becasue the $15 cheapies I got on Ebay are not compatible with my 88 Kat. I put them on and now all my lights stay on solid. No flash. Please tell me what you use that works with Suzuki wiring.

Comment

Hey, that helps a lot. I thought those holes in the middle of it were for the license plate so I was confused.

I guess wether or not I want the tabs at the top bent in or not depends on what style of signals I get. Which raises another question.

What brand and model rear signals do you guys use. I need to know exactly becasue the $15 cheapies I got on Ebay are not compatible with my 88 Kat. I put them on and now all my lights stay on solid. No flash. Please tell me what you use that works with Suzuki wiring.

Comment

The holes in the middle are for a plate/tag light I believe.
          This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
          BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Where do you find those brackets? I've looked on ebay with no luck.

Comment

Originally posted by FASHER View Post
              The holes in the middle are for a plate/tag light I believe.
              That's what they are.

Originally posted by beherenow71 View Post
              Where do you find those brackets? I've looked on ebay with no luck.
              seller is creese1, I believe.

Last edited by brooder; 05-20-2008, 02:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
              -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
              -Terence

Comment

Get em .. theyre great! ... and Creese1 is a great seller also.

Comment

Can you use stock turn signals on those or would I need to get different ones? (for a pre)

Comment

I think you can use stock no problem.

Is it a big secret what brand lights everyone uses. This is frustrating trying to find ones that are plug and play with this bikes wiring. Easy to find ones that mount up ok but the ones I try out dont have the right bulb resistance or something because they stay on solid and dont flash. I even tried wiring them in reverse!

Comment

Originally posted by erickdan View Post
                      I think you can use stock no problem.

Is it a big secret what brand lights everyone uses. This is frustrating trying to find ones that are plug and play with this bikes wiring. Easy to find ones that mount up ok but the ones I try out dont have the right bulb resistance or something because they stay on solid and dont flash. I even tried wiring them in reverse!
                      Replace the mechanical flasher with an electronic one, or get LED signals with the correct resistors already wired in.
                      -Steve

sigpic
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by beherenow71 View Post
                        Can you use stock turn signals on those or would I need to get different ones? (for a pre)
                        Yes, stock work just fine. I have the stock signals on mine.
                        Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                        -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                        -Terence

Comment

Anyone know what the correct resistor size is?

Or...what brand, model, number, rear clear-covered signals are you guys using??????

Comment

Anyone know of another place to find a creese bracket? The one on ebay that was linked here is gone now.

Comment

You can send a message to creese1 directly. You can even save money by sending him the money via PayPal and bypassing the Ebay system.

Here is one that is available for 4 more days: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/UNIVE...spagenameZWDVW

If I put stock ones on they flash just fine.

If I use aftermarket signals they stay on steady

Meh...forget it. I'll take it to the dealer I guess. No one here can tell what signals they use and the Haynes manual is of no use at all.
                              Last edited by erickdan; 05-28-2008, 03:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                              X