X

Bang 4 the buck

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bang 4 the buck

Ok so i have been taking my bike to the track lately and been running 11s my fastest is an 11.34 on a stock 05 kat 600... and i really want to hit 10s with it... i talked to the guy at the shop and i might as well have talked to my dog cause he didn't help much... i just ordered a two brothers m5 slip on but i was wondering what else i might be able to do without major changes like engine swap or something like that

a jet kit and a 5 degree ingniton advancer would help and the total cost is under 200.00 bucks
    Last edited by JBLUE; 04-11-2008, 08:24 PM.
    sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Originally posted by Tsunami View Post
      Ok so i have been taking my bike to the track lately and been running 11s my fastest is an 11.34 on a stock 05 kat 600... and i really want to hit 10s with it... i talked to the guy at the shop and i might as well have talked to my dog cause he didn't help much... i just ordered a two brothers m5 slip on but i was wondering what else i might be able to do without major changes like engine swap or something like that
      Simple and cheap to get into the 10's on a kat, or any bike really. Just buy a tow strap rated for 2000lbs; hook one end to the front of the kat, and the other end to the back of a busa .

I'm not a drag racer, nor do I play one on tv, but somebody else might be able to help you out here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
        Simple and cheap to get into the 10's on a kat, or any bike really. Just buy a tow strap rated for 2000lbs; hook one end to the front of the kat, and the other end to the back of a busa .

Comment

Tow-strap....that was a good one.
          I am not sure what else to do, other than the jetting and advancer, but I can give some advise on what not to do. NO K&N AIR FILTER!!!
          American by birth, Italian by the grace of God

Comment

got that right, am I finally getting to you people that K&N on a Katana really does suck?

Comment

Weight reduction, and practice launching and shifting. That will cut .35 seconds off, and it's free.

You got your slip from the track...? Let's see it!
              Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
              18v Rigid Drill
              Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
              New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

yeah ill post pick of it later.. i dont have scanner so ill do it at my sisters house.... why not a K&N on kat just wondering? and then what is best air filter for it?

Comment

oem

Comment

Originally posted by reconstyle View Post
                    Weight reduction, and practice launching and shifting. That will cut .35 seconds off, and it's free.

You got your slip from the track...? Let's see it!
                    If this guys running low 11's on a bone stock 05 katana600 then he must have the whole launching and shifting thing perfect already. thats the fastest time I've ever heard of on a stock 98+. Dont they usually run like low 12s or high 11s at best? Maybe he got one of those factory freaks? If only I could be so lucky.
                    sigpicIn Memory Of Troy Allen Bell
                    RIP 06/24/53 - 01/08/08
                    I Miss You Pop
                    2006 GSX1300R Hayabusa
                    BMC aif filter,Lowered,Small air box mod,Bar riserers

Comment

low 11's on a stock 600. Do you weigh 38 pounds? Not calling BS just think your body weight is playing well into your favour.
                      R.I.P. Marc

Comment

Originally posted by Liltroy View Post
                        If this guys running low 11's on a bone stock 05 katana600 then he must have the whole launching and shifting thing perfect already. thats the fastest time I've ever heard of on a stock 98+. Dont they usually run like low 12s or high 11s at best? Maybe he got one of those factory freaks? If only I could be so lucky.
                        I was gonna say the same thing, lol!!
                        maybe it's the Colorado altitude!

Two bros is a good start.
                        Ign. advance and Ivan's jet kit might do the trick. It will get you a better low and mid range take off, but lacks the top end a little. but I doubt you will need much top end on the strip. Another thing you might want to play with is the sprocket set-up. maybe just going up 1 or 2 teeth in the rear will give you a slightly quicker launch.

My friend who drag races bikes, would say to lower it. he even uses straps from the tree to the lower forks and on the swingarm. he tightens them down til the bike is as low as it can go, til basically is almost sitting on the ground.
                        myspace
                        2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by Liltroy View Post
                          my launching and shifting are really good, and i wont lie i have rode other 98+ katanas and mine just feels stronger in first and second gear. i have 9500 miles on it and the engine is still as quiet as the day i bought it....

What brands for those parts should i go after; what works best with the katana

Comment

Factory Pro advancer
                            Ivan's performance jet kit.

Comment

sweet price not bad on those... what about air filters i was going to get a K&N but everyone tells me not to but don't offer an alternative maybe UNI ? let me know i wanna head down to the dealership today and order parts

Comment

Working...
                              X