X

windscreen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windscreen

Guys, I wanna get a smaller windscreen, are there any aftermarket ones out there, or has anyone maybe shaved theirs down?
    'Tis better to be criticized by a wise man than to be praised by a fool'

smaller?? why?

Comment

I just think it would look better. The windscreen is just about the only thing about my cat that I don't dig. I think its too high. I'd like somthing that looks similar to the windscreen on the YZF600r

Comment

Cut it down, smooth it out and tint it dark.... nice!
        "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

bugs in the teeth, I'm always Grinn'in

Comment

Originally posted by Sharp Shooter
            bugs in the teeth, I'm always Grinn'in
            not if you're wearing your helmet.

Long Live the D

Comment

jay i have a stock screen ill send you for $12 shipped if you want something to mess around on before you damage the only one you have.

pm me if interested!
              99 Kat 6: hindle header+ carbon cannon, rear ohlins adjusty, K&N dirt mask, super jetted and flashy dyno'd, fiber-lyte pretty dash, carbon heel kicky guards, super cool solo cowl/second look seat skin combo ANNND the 520 chain conversion, super secrect perfect sprocket combo - some wicked pilot sport cup rubbers,NRC racing engine covers, fender elim kit --- any questions? FOR SALE $$$$$$$

Comment

Stevie B's Method for Windshield Cutting:
                You will need:
                Old blanket or quilt
                Posterboard
                2" wide masking tape
                Pencil
                Box cutter or utility knife
                Sabre saw with metal blades
                Orbital sander
                80 and 200 grit sandpaper, 1 sheet each

1. Remove the windshield from the bike. This is an essential step, do not try to cut it on the bike.

2. Using posterboard, not box cardboard, make a template of the windshield. Cut this template down, a little at a time, until you are pleased with the results. Find the vertical center line of the template, and draw a line there. Fold the template in half, along that line- you will find the cut you made is not symmetrical. Make it so.

3. Lay the windshield on the blanket. Tape the template onto the windshield, taking care to get it straight. Do not tape to windshield along top edge of template.

4. Put 2 to 3 layers of tape on windshield only, not on template, along edge(s) you will cut. Using the pencil, trace edge of template onto tape. Remove template.

5. Put additional tape below existing tape, to protect shield from being scratched by sabre saw.

6. Move the template UP, and repeat steps 3,4 and 5, to make a second line, well above the first.

7. Using the sabre saw, cut the second higher line. This will be your practice- don't skip this step, you will be glad you did it. Be sure to stay ABOVE the pencil line, DO NOT cut below it.

8. Make you "money cut" on the "real" line. Leave the masking tape in place.

9. Using the orbital sander and 80-grit sandpaper, smooth and chamber or round the edge, to match the exisiting factory edges. Sand down any bumps or mistakes you made. Switch to 200-grit and smooth it further.

10. Reinstall windshield, admire your work.

11. Do NOT get all excited about what a terrific job you did, decide to wash the bike, and let it fall over, cracking your new, svelt windshield into three pieces, before you even get to ride the bike.

If this is useful, feel free to sticky it.
                "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Thanks Stevie. If I was at all handy I would try that. But I am soooooo not that guy!!! I would have it looking monstrous!!! Thanks anyway tho bro!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X