Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Install and Review of T-Rex Racing 98+ frame sliders (PICS!)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

was thinking of ordering a pair of these. really would like to get some sliders soon, I saw this and then pretty much one other type I could order...hmmm decisions!
    2001 GSX600F

Comment

anyone else have any experience with these sliders?
      2001 GSX600F

Comment

/bump just would like to see if overall it was good or bad experiences with these sliders
        2001 GSX600F

Comment

well, lessee, I put them on a year ago, and havent had a problem with them so far.

all issues experienced bvy "Malloc" had been pointed out earlier, either by me, or by others... excepting the "long slider bolt issue"(looks like someone forgot a lock washer).. but again, mass produced , but handmade stuff along with handmade motorcycle frames.. can have variances.

please folks, read the ENTIRE thread before ordering, then complaining about clearly posted issues.... or go buy the other guys for twice the money

See My Garage for mods...
          T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
          Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

honestly i didnt read any problems with the sliders install, i just found the thread on "new posts" when someone posted on it and then i just turned in my 2 cents of what happen after i orderd them when i found it on ebay then went to the websight and orderd it
            sigpic

Comment

well I did end up getting a pair, they went on just fine..no issues with install, look great. That being said, I did get to test one...unfortunately. Had my first lowside, went a lil too fast into a sharp left turn coming up and I pulled the bike up to try and stop when I ran out of road, luckily it was just some grass and mud that I slid into. I think the slider fell right into the grass/mud and then broke off since it didnt really have anything to slide on. The mud just grabbed hold of it and I'm thinking thats why the bolt broke, unless it really was just some ****ty bolt. In any case, I can just replace the bolt and put the slider back on so its all good. picture attached for what happened
              Attached Files
              2001 GSX600F

Comment

yeah, if the slider has nothing to slide on, it cant slide

however, we also have proof that the slider bolt will break off if too much force is applied, unlike that stupid jackwagon in another thread that tried to say youyr 500lb katana will be FLIPPED by the slider bolt.

See My Garage for mods...
                T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
                Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Defiently the first thing i buy for my kat! gotta get some protection for my plastics

Comment

how can i get these in Canada without paying 50% of the cost in shipping?

Comment

Just got myself a beautiful blue Katana. DEFINATELY gonna invest in these sliders, i definately dont wanna dish out all that money if i accidentaly drop it seeing as how its so heavy!
                      Live to ride. RIDE TO LIVE!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X