Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Install and Review of T-Rex Racing 98+ frame sliders (PICS!)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just finished installing my new frame sliders from t-rex . at first i had problems getting the holes on the engine cradle to line up . problem was the bike was tilted due to my driveway but when i found level ground it went smooth from there . but thanks to jaybell i brought a dremel tool and it wouldve been a nightmare without it .

Comment

Those look great! Nice write up too!

on a side note, does anyone know if these will fit a pre frame? I don't know what the differences are. I don't care about whether the get in the way of fairings, as I have none.

Comment

I installed the T-Rex Frame Sliders last weekend. I also had trouble lining up the engine cradle bolts and had to dremel down a few edges on the brackets. Overall, it was a fairly easy install. The most time consuming part was removing the fairings as it was my first time.

2003 GSX600F
        Yoshimura RS-3 Stainless Slip-On
        T-Rex Racing Frame Sliders

Comment

Thanks for the review and info

JB - don't know you yet -- I am still new to the forum -- but it continues to pay dividends -- I have been looking online for some sliders and these look like a great purchase -- thanks.

bmwerman

Comment

glad it worked out for you folks!

most of the issues mentioned thus far, are caused by the cradle/frame welding variances, and the MFG variances of the slider bracket themselves it seems

some drop on, some need to add clearance for welds, etc

either way, i'm glad the writeup and pics help!

See My Garage for mods...
            T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
            Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Well looks like I k ow where I will be getting my frame sliders from. Thanx in advance

Comment

Three weeks after installing the T-Rex Racing frame sliders, I reluctantly tested them. The kickstand wasn't deployed all the way and as I stepped off, bike fell over . The good news is that the sliders worked perfectly, not a single scratch or crack in my plastics So glad I bought those frame sliders.
                2003 GSX600F
                Yoshimura RS-3 Stainless Slip-On
                T-Rex Racing Frame Sliders

Comment

as asked earlier in this thread does anybody know if these frame sliders fit the pre frame??

Comment

It appears they bolt right up but you would have to cut a hole in your fairing in that location.

This is the only ones that fit pre98.

Motorcycle accessories & aftermarket European parts are available through us for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha, Triumph, Ducati, BMW, Aprilia and other motorcycles. We provide sliders and other high quality accessories.

Comment

Bought these, they bolted right up. Peice of cake. I did have a clearance issue with the engine, but not a huge issue. Excellent buy, and write up, thanks

Comment

Just bought these and I'm excited to install them. I'll let you know how it goes.
                        -Rod

Comment

I think I'll order mine tomorrow -- I just happen to have all the plastic off -- he he

Comment

well, many months later... the sliders have had no issues whatsoever...

See My Garage for mods...
                            T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
                            Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Any one had a crash with it?

I had a Brazilian Slider (I`m brazilian), and I had an acident very slow, the slider didn`t stay. It twisted, and the faring get scratched.
                              The faring is painting now...

So I was thinking on buying this t-rex one...

But I was wondering if the frame will support a crash with it.
                              The slider won`t twist with this support, but if the frame twist will be much worst...

Comment

If you get in an accident going "very slow", and the frame twists. You were not going "very slow".

Comment

Working...
                                X