No announcement yet.
X

Motogp\''shorty'' ebay pipe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah If someone yanked me over for having one of those I would sue for profiling. Harley's run with straight pipes all the time.

Comment

luckily in iowa, there are no sound laws for a street motorcycle

Comment

Just installed this. ****ing awesome. It disrupted my Thanksgiving party (were doing it on Saturday instead).

Took 5 minutes to install. I was thinking to myself "Should I go tell people to come out and hear it? Nah, they'll know when I turn it on."

Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by gnode View Post
          Just installed this. ****ing awesome. It disrupted my Thanksgiving party (were doing it on Saturday instead).

Took 5 minutes to install. I was thinking to myself "Should I go tell people to come out and hear it? Nah, they'll know when I turn it on."

Awesome.
          My ex lives near you.....let me find her addy and I just KNOW she'd love the sound. Seriously....she would!
          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
          ------------------------------------------
          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

hey gnode, have you re-jet it yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
              My ex lives near you.....let me find her addy and I just KNOW she'd love the sound. Seriously....she would!
              LOL

Originally posted by kfreeman View Post
              hey gnode, have you re-jet it yet?
              No. My carbs are still brand new (~760 miles now) and I am still in break in (under 8k rpm) and I am not quite ready for WOT anyway (only been riding this month) and I live in Texas (not going to get extremely cold/I won't be riding in extreme cold). I am just not going to push it hard enough to need to rejet any time soon.

Mine did not come with a baffle as it advertised. It was just a straight through pipe. I have sent the seller a message to find out whats up on that.
              Last edited by gnode; 11-28-2010, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gnode View Post
                and I am still in break in (under 8k rpm)
                What?
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                  What?
                  Bike has 768 miles on it now... it is still in the break in period. So I am not driving it balls to the wall (that and I am still new to it).

Just got back from an 8 mile trip on the new pipe and it is ignorant loud like the other poster said. Mine did not come with the baffle that it said it was supposed to. I have contacted the ebay seller about that. I will need that baffle in order to commute on this thing or I will go deaf.

It does sound like a V8.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoDOrulcDkw"]YouTube - Katana short exhaust idle[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOR1wvz6s3E"]YouTube - Katana short exhaust revs[/ame]
                  Last edited by gnode; 11-28-2010, 03:56 PM.

Comment

I use to like loud pipes... now I prefer stealth mod... the cagers who will run ya over are clued out anyway regardless if you have a loud pipe.
                    2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
                    2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
                    1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
                    1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
                    1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

There is no break in procedure for carbs...

But if the bike only has 750 miles on it enjoy weak ring settings.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I think hes referring to the factory ''break in your bike'' driving styles that have you shift at 10 mph, 12 mph, 15mph, and the achievable 20mph on your two wheeled machine (Exaggeration, but really the book tells you to cap it off at like 35)

A member here mentioned that it wouldnt be a problem without a rejet unless you ran it balls to the wall 120mph for an extended period of time, so perhaps thats what he is talking about./

toast

Comment

Originally posted by Angrytoaster View Post
                          I think hes referring to the factory ''break in your bike'' driving styles that have you shift at 10 mph, 12 mph, 15mph, and the achievable 20mph on your two wheeled machine (Exaggeration, but really the book tells you to cap it off at like 35)

Ah, one of those. Yuck. Factory break in procedure is a bad joke.

Comment

I've read that factory break in rules are actually bad for the bike. The rings won't wear the honing marks from the cylinder bores properly. The recommended procedures is to run the bike thru the full rpm range then to back off and repeat through all the gears. Helps seat the rings properly so that you have full hp after break in period. Just don't run to red line and hold there for extended periods of time. Also change the oil sooner than recommended so the metal worn from the bore isn't pumping thru your motor and messing things up.
                            Last edited by deputydog_45; 11-28-2010, 05:54 PM. Reason: correcting grammer
                            Don’t walk before you can crawl, and don’t try to sprint until you are a good walker. Use your head, wear the gear, and have fun

Comment

Yeah the manual says stay under 5500 RPM until 600 miles and under 8000 rpm until 1000 miles.

Originally posted by deputydog_45 View Post
                              I've read that factory break in rules are actually bad for the bike. The rings won't wear the honing marks from the cylinder bores properly. The recommended procedures is to run the bike thru the full rpm range then to back off and repeat through all the gears. Helps seat the rings properly so that you have full hp after break in period. Just don't run to red line and hold there for extended periods of time. Also change the oil sooner than recommended so the metal worn from the bore isn't pumping thru your motor and messing things up.
                              Yeah modern break in theory is very different from "back in the day", ie, 2005. On my old built MR2, we broke it in on the dyno taking it right to the 9k red line in the very beginning, then changing the oil after a few pulls.

I keep it near the high end of the limit and vary RPMs while I ride. I am not babying it, but you don't have to WOT to get the RPMs up.

I changed the oil at 327 miles, then 460 miles, and again at around 550. Going to stick with this batch of oil for a more normal amount of time.

Comment

man that sounds awesome. I am definitely thinking about this exhaust. Great video. let me know about the baffle and shoot a video if possible! Thanks man

Comment

Working...
                                X