Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Going from USA to South America on a KAT!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally we got to this little town, and we found a lady tha was willing to cook for us...

Cost of all food... 4 bucks!!! Coffee and drinks included...

Comment

• doesn't look like you're suffering, at least not in the food area.good luck
      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

• That's awesome! Looks like you're still going strong!

Comment

• Hey lil buddy,
          sorry about all the bad roads ad all. I hope you uys get it together. Please be safe and may God bless you on the rest of your trip, as if he has not from the start.

Man, you might need to hit Suzuki up about this trip... you may be able to get some funds for showing the world that a KAT can do things like this, Traveling wise... this is wonderful.

Bes safe Bruh...
          Long live the KAT
          1990 GSXR 750 Slingshot(sold)
          1992 GSXF Katana 750(sold 2014)
          1994 GSXF Katana 600 (gave away)
          2007 Suzuki Boulevard C-90 (sold)
          2003 GSX 1300R Hayabusa (purchased 2013)

I MIGHT HAVE BEEN THE BIGGEST DUDE YOUVE SEEN ON A 750 KAT.....

Comment

• Did you have a spare chain with you? If not, how hard is it going to be to get a new one down there?
            John,
            '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
            sigpic

Comment

• Wow, I missed this thread go from "I'm thinking about going" to "I'm already half way though the trip"

Thanks for sharing the pictures. If you aren't already, make sure to oil/lube your chain each and every time you stop for gas. It might already be too late from what I've read... but you can at least hope to stop it from getting worse.

If you don't have an aerosol chain lube with you, you can use regular motor oil.

I did 2300 miles on my chain last week... and I only had to tighten it a little bit once. I know for a fact that the lube helped keep it in good condition...
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

• Thanks for the advise on the chain, i been cleaning and lube that chain every other day, i have already contacted a supplier will be getting a new chain soon.
                Thank you guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by d_phi_d View Post
                  Man, you might need to hit Suzuki up about this trip... you may be able to get some funds for showing the world that a KAT can do things like this, Traveling wise... this is wonderful
                  i dont think suzuki would go for it because the kat isnt produced anymore
                  99 katana 600- sold, but not forgotten
                  06 yamaha yzf600r- down for the count
                  06 Honda CBR 600rr- current bike
                  lord, please let me be the person my dog thinks i am

Comment

• Wow! that is simply an amazing journey your on.......borderline nuts!! Just please be careful especially in Hondorus I hear they're having major issues with corruption and gangs. By the way it's been snowing and cold here in Colorado I guess winter decided to show up early this year. Your going to have a tight window of opportunity as far as the weather conditions to return safely from here on out.
                    We intimidate those who intimidate others.
                    Stay Alert! Stay Alive!

Comment

• Wow, I thought our roads were bad. LOL! Thanks for the update. Keep Safe!

Comment

• Thanks for posting the pics. Keep safe and have a good time.

Comment

• Originally posted by FDuranCol View Post
                          Finally we got to this little town, and we found a lady tha was willing to cook for us...

Cost of all food... 4 bucks!!! Coffee and drinks included...
                          Wow.....so there ARE women in Central America...

You wouldn't have had to stop for food if you had just caught the dinner that was right in front of you.....

Or I suppose if you practice Santeria or Candomble you could use the chicken to get rid of any bad energy. Either way, it was a golden opportunity!
                          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

• Wow I just read this entire thread from start to now and what an amazing journey unfolding before you. You are the envy of us all and we can't wait to see what you encounter next. HOpe you get the replacement chain soon!

Comment

• good luck in your travels. enjoying your postings. have fun!
                              never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

• I check in every so often to see how your doing.. It's seems like a great trip! Keep Safe
                                If you think routine maintenance is expensive,... Try Ignorance!

Comment

Working...
                                X