X

Headlight Seperation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight Seperation

So I tried seperating the two halves by heating up the oven to 200 Degrees, turning it off, and then immediately sticking the headlight into the oven for 10 mins. Pulled it out and had at it, but no dice. Tried gently prying on it with a plastic wedge with no avail.
    Any suggestions?

Not hot enough? Is it a pre or a post bike. Oven works on the pre, not sure how the post headlight is assembled. Yup, same way. Try 250* @10 min, it should be relitively easy to remove , the glue will be soft and sticky. You reassemble the same way.
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 03-20-2016, 12:14 AM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
      Not hot enough? Is it a pre or a post bike. Oven works on the pre, not sure how the post headlight is assembled. Yup, same way. Try 250* @10 min, it should be relitively easy to remove , the glue will be soft and sticky. You reassemble the same way.
      Okay I will try 250. Thanks junker. It's a Post Kat

Comment

Keep a heat gun handy to help soften glue if oven doesn't work. I used heat gun and sheet rock knife to get it started then putty knife I also used heat gun to get it back together
        Ride like it's your last ride
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DarkFury View Post
          Keep a heat gun handy to help soften glue if oven doesn't work. I used heat gun and sheet rock knife to get it started then putty knife I also used heat gun to get it back together
          Thanks......I will give that a try too.

Comment

Got it separated. 250 degrees was the trick. Took a couple of times of putting it back in and taking it out of the oven, but I ended up getting it.
            Thanks for the help. The headlight looks so much better with the chrome surround painted black.

Comment

Working...
            X