X

Turbo 98+ Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo 98+ Kat

I've done this before to several bikes cars and whatever else I've felt like doing it to. So I'm no stranger to engine mods adding a turbo or super charger. However I'm here to get some feed back on any particular brand or spec parts from anyone that has put one on a Kat. Yes I have read through several write ups on here and other places. Again just looking for any suggestions or ideas.

Here's my bike as it sits now:
    2006 600 with 13000 miles
    K&N in air box filter
    New plugs
    New tires
    Suspension torn down and rebuilt
    Dan Moto Jisu exhaust mid pipe and muffler
    Electrical torn down and cleaned up
    Few other thing but not relevant.

Parts in hand or on the way
    K03 turbo x2 (I'm not putting both on it just the one. The other is for spare parts or additional mock up possibly even upgrading it to the k04 compressor and snail shell.)
    Adjustable pressure valve
    Fuel pump and adjustable fuel pressure valve.
    750 head and cams
    Adjustable pop off valve
    GSXR turbo exhaust manifold
    Tubing for down pipe to mid(will be self made)
    Braided oil return lines
    Misc steal and aluminum for mounts and whatever else needed
    Carb upgrade kit
    Tubing for intake tube to charger and outlet to intake side of carbs

Don't think I left anything off. Either way anything I did please suggest or provide constructive input. The adjustable valves allow for varying points of modification to fuel flow, wastegate bypass and adjustment, modifying the pop off pressure release. Yes it can make for a pain in the ass tuning but that why you set the base line for the variable valves and work from there. Also allows for better fuel rates to allowing for EFI like efficiency. No it won't ever be as efficient but has allowed me to give those EFI guys one hell of a show.

As for why we'll because I have the turbos and bike already sounds great. Just wanted to tweak it some more since I can. Besides doing a few other mods to the bike appearance figured adding some more performance would be nice.

Have my Buell as another daily rider so won't be stuck without two wheels.
    BDSCRPN

You're ambitious, good luck! It has been done successfully before, but not by many. 1 that I'm aware of.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Toss the money into a daily rider bike :
      These hot rods are just to much .

Comment

Working...
      X