5 minutes of "it's time to park for a moment..."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 minutes of "it's time to park for a moment..."

Back story...

Installed stage 1 jet kit last night, but didn't have time to finish tuning it. Rode it home, realized I needed to adjust the clips down one.

So today I pop the tank off to move the clips on all the needles. In the process, realize one of the caps ended up with a broken vacuum nipple, with nothing for the rubber cap to plug on. No prob, actually had another, so... move the tank to the side, and reset all the needles, replace the cap.

Button the bike back up, put on the helmet and go for a short ride.

1. First light, run out of gas.... quick back thought... oh yeah, forgot to plug the vacuum line at the T back up, it was in the way when I did carb #2... turn it to prime, give it a moment, and off we go.

2. 400 yards later, right hand free flowing turn for the on ramp to the parkway.... hit it around 25 (slow for the angle, most cars go faster) and a 30lb ground hog decides to make it's way accross the lane infront of me... hard break, still end up rolling the ground hob with the belly pan... stop, almost off balance.. recover and don't drop the bike.. Car zips up behind me with the horn blarring...

3. Take off, cross the overpass, and off ramp back onto the road I just left to head back home. This off ramp has a road that cuts off of it to access a higher class sub division... and as I'm coming around this very open, easy to see all the way around curve of the off ramp at about 20... a BMW pulls right out in front of me...

4. Get back on the road, 400 yards down left turn across 2 lanes from the turning lane into my complex, white accura in front of me with turn signals on. Traffic clears, accura starts pulling forward to make left turn, I start to follow... when they cut hard to do a U turn right infront of me...

5. Get pass the accura and ease into the complex, pull into parking spot... get off the bike, and.... that I never had another ride like that.

Pulled the tank, fixed the line issue, and went inside.

I'll come back to ride again another day...

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Wow...now you know what it's like to ride all the time out here in CA! LOL
    2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
    BMC Notorious 918 HT
    2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Originally posted by CenCalKat View Post
      After moving away from So Cal 15 years ago, going back last March and riding with all those idiots on the road was driving me nuts.
      John,
      '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
      sigpic

Comment

Goes to show, always expect the unexpected.
        Good thing you came through it all ok.
        2002 GSXF 750

Comment

So Cal Interstates are terrible
          2007 Honda CBR600rr
          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for confirming I do NOT want to visit CA... not that I really had any desire to.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

A groundhog?????!!!!!!
              THE DOC
              RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
              Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
              mistake when you make it again.
              sigpic

Comment

Awe. I'm sure you'd have a blasty blast. Riding there (and surviving) really sharpens your reaction times and awareness skills.
                Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Originally posted by DOCTORNITRO View Post
                  A groundhog?????!!!!!!

Yep, a ground hog...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groundhog

They live all over the place around here, most often see them standing right next to the roads anywhere there is a grassy area. Don't ussually see them in the roads though, more often that is opposums crossing.

There is one that lives in field right at the drive entrance to my cousin "the welder who did my swingarm welds) that I can almost stop and pet before it runs off to it's burrow.

Originally posted by HexKrak View Post
                  Awe. I'm sure you'd have a blasty blast. Riding there (and surviving) really sharpens your reaction times and awareness skills.
                  You know, I can think of a few better ways of going about that....

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Comment

Wow. That's all I can say.
                    This is only the beginning.

Comment

man, that really sounds like it sucked. sometimes, i hate cagers. i will say that riding my bike has made me a much more aware driver than i was before.
                      R.I.P. Marc- You will be missed!

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by CenCalKat View Post

I was just about to say the same thing.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X