Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

What kind of gas do you use in your bike?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of gas do you use in your bike?

If I fill my tank with premium and ride it to the top of the red line next to "E" (empty) I get about 112-120 miles to the tank. Not bad, but with gas prices now for premium at $3 bucks and some change it takes $10 to fill up. Do that x3 and I'm usin $30 bucks and going about 330 miles to 3 tanks of gas.

I say that because of this...

My car (Ford Probe) I fill up with regular and takes 30 bucks to fill up and I get about 330 miles to the tank as well. So in the end I'm not saving any money. Sucks. I was wondering if anyone uses anything except premium in their bike and if it makes a difference. If I could use regular without it making a difference....then the savings would start to roll in.

Well...what do y'all useż
    Regular (Cheapest)
    0%
    Premium (Medium)
    0%
    Super Premium (Most expensive)
    0%

You should try a quick search. This topic has been covered many times before. The Kat is designed to use 87 octane. Higher octanes are not needed unless you have knock problems. In some cases higher octanes can cause a reduction in power/efficiency.

Comment

w00t! Go cheap gas. I know to search forums for previous posts and figured it was touched on before, but didn't see any harm in doin another one right quick just to bring it up-to-date and freshen it up sorta.

Comment

The only kind I use is the flamable kind lol
        here's some southerly advice that may come in handy down the road a piece... Next time you are too drunk to drive, walk to the nearest pizza shop and place a delivery order. When they go to deliver it, catch a ride home with them.
        http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/dragkota98/

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by dragkota
            Interesting. Try diesel and lemme know how that works out.

Comment

i use 93, every once in a while to clean her out ill get the 100 oct out of the pump at sunoco. but very expensive. runs real smooth but my pocket feels the heat
              "No regrets, that's my motto. Well... that and everyone Wang Chung tonight." -Out Cold 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Looneybonics
                Originally posted by dragkota
                Interesting. Try diesel and lemme know how that works out.
                I didn't think about that one. Oh well that backfired. Good catch!
                here's some southerly advice that may come in handy down the road a piece... Next time you are too drunk to drive, walk to the nearest pizza shop and place a delivery order. When they go to deliver it, catch a ride home with them.
                http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/dragkota98/

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn
                  http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17895
                  http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17542
                  That's great tzortn. Why would you go through the trouble of hunting them up to post in this? If you read what I said I know that there was other posts of this. No harm in checking peoples standings with a quick poll, specially now that gas prices are so attrocious. Judging by people posting and voting it doesn't seem like anyone else really cares. Sorry if reposting something with an actual poll offended you or something.

Comment

I didn't think about that one. Oh well that backfired. Good catch!
                    Would be pretty gnarly though if they did make a diesel kat.

Comment

I have used the cheapest regular gass in my Kat since I bought it and have not had a problem yet..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by Looneybonics
                        Originally posted by tzortn
                        http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17895
                        http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17542
                        That's great tzortn. Why would you go through the trouble of hunting them up to post in this? If you read what I said I know that there was other posts of this. No harm in checking peoples standings with a quick poll, specially now that gas prices are so attrocious. Judging by people posting and voting it doesn't seem like anyone else really cares. Sorry if reposting something with an actual poll offended you or something.
                        I don't think he was offended, but probably just did a quick search to show you how frickin' easy it can be instead of having the same question posted for the 73rd time. There is also this neat little thing that comes with most bikes called a manual. It has a front cover, and a back cover.....and in between the two are pages just chocked full of useful info like this.

oh...and if you are getting the same milage with your kat as you do with the probe, then something is probably wrong with your bike. or else you ride it in a way that sucks gas like a bitch.
                        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                          .....It has a front cover, and a back cover.....and in between the two are pages just chocked full of useful info like this....
                          That's cool. Appreciate the constructive sarcasm. =/

Again, I know it was posted before as a topic, but figured it better for someone to look at with an actual poll incase someone didnt necessarily want to read all 32+ posts or however many just to get a feel for where everones standings. Moreover, I posted as well to see if it was right that I was getting 120-130 a tank. No need to flame. Throwing in my face that there were already posts about this (which I stated I knew there were) wasn't necessary. If I took him (you) wrong I'm sorry, it's just there are lots of really touchy people on some forums that will absolutely flame a person for posting anything moderately close to another thread. Ease up guys. This thread will disappear before long.

Comment

well my sarcasm was unleashed by the sarcasm you showed towards tzortn. PLUS, he also gave the reason why 87 was recommended. so...do you just want to know what everyone uses, or the reason behind it? There are other factors to consider aside from cost per gallon, and the other posts address that.

you have to understand that you being new to the forums, some of us have seen this same question asked wayyy to many times. and unless you are so new that you do not know how to use the search option, some might consider it a bit "lazy" to just post the same question once again that has already been asked however many times.
                            not just you, but many of the new members might actually find older post on technical question more informative because the question was fresh. the more the question gets asked, the more chance the "older" members are going to just refer you to do a search because we see it as an old, and often repeated question. make sense?

now about your gas mileage.....I feel it to be on the low side, but it depends on your driving conditions. if you are mostly city driving with lots of idling and stop and goes....well it might be ok. all I can say is that I can do 50% better on my 1100.
                            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I'm not new to the forum. I'm new to this one, but was an "older"member on the KP forum. I know how it goes which is why I added the little disclaimer about "how I was sure it was posted elsewhere". With what I wanted to know and the content that I had in my thread I didn't see that in another thread. Flat out. Wasn't doin it to chap anyones butt or anything. This thread (that makes older members irritable) is getting sidetracked big time which is totally ruining the point of it existing. Ease up on double posters. It's just a forum and I seriously doubt anyone ever double posts to upset anyone. There's a nice way to go about everything. Thank you guys for your posts anyways. I appreciate the help even though it wasn't tasty to swallow. Now lets move on k.

50% increase in what I get is rather signifigant. How many gallons does your 1100 hold? Same amount?

Comment

Working...
                              X