X

mpg?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mpg?

so far 143 miles and I haven't gone on reserve.i change gear about 4 k revs per gear.what does your 750 kat do?

If I fill to the bottom of the lip of the neck and take it easy on the throttle, I can hit about 150mi until I get into the red. The largest determining factor of mpg is your right hand, assuming everything is in proper working order with proper tire pressures

Comment

I get about 30-35 on my 600.
      1995 Suzuki Katana 600F
      Full D&D Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by samuri 750 View Post
        so far 143 miles and I haven't gone on reserve.i change gear about 4 k revs per gear.what does your 750 kat do?
        Seriously...... buy a moped with better mpg...... nothing comes alive on a Kat or my current ride unless it's over 7G. I'm not sure of other riders, but to me, riding is a form of stress-relief. Fuck the mpg..... the rush is better.
        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
        ------------------------------------------
        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
          Seriously...... buy a moped with better mpg...... nothing comes alive on a Kat or my current ride unless it's over 7G. I'm not sure of other riders, but to me, riding is a form of stress-relief. Fuck the mpg..... the rush is better.
          abso-fuckin-lutely! I dont think ive ever gotten 150+ miles out of one tank COMPLETELY filled lol I commute 100 miles every day an I fill up once a day. For me to get better mileage than my VW Jetta 2.0L (30-35 mpg) have to pretty much keep it under 1/4 throttle...not happenin.
          94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

mpg

in your money we pay 8.73 dollars per gallon.rip off Britain

Comment

I got 37.9 on my last tank '06 750. Usually gets 42 but I have been running it harder. By comparison my '04 ZX-10R got 37.3 yesterday all highway miles.

Comment

Originally posted by samurai 750 View Post
                in your money we pay 8.73 dollars per gallon.rip off Britain
                wow! That sucks..id prolly buy a moped or a lil 250 to commute lol
                94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

I actually found that by running my 750 in the higher rev range, I get better mileage. I was getting around 130 miles per tank when shifting at lower RPM's and cruising in sixth most of the time.

When I shift in the 7-8k range for a more spirited ride, and keep it in the 6k range at speed, I'm getting about 150 to a tank.

I recently did a trip to a friend's place where it was all major highway driving, doing about 80mph on average, I got about 180 miles to the tank.

2006 Katana 750
                  2001 Katana 750 (Deerhunter)
                  2003 Mercury Marauder

Comment

Ridden sensibly / moderately and without luggage, I regularly return over 300 miles per tank when exploring the B-roads. Best I had was flicking to Reserve at about 260 miles. With full luggage and touring, range drops to about 270 miles. Aggressive riding in the hills still returns over 220 miles. Proper tuning and your right wrist can make a huge difference.

Comment

About 46 mpg on my '06 750.
                      Current : GSX750F 2006
                      Previous : CB900F 1982

Comment

I have no clue how many miles I get per tank my speedo is off and I am going faster then it shows so I am probably putting on more miles then it shows. I fill up about every 2 weeks. Good enough for me. Pay day to pay day.
                        99 Katana 600

Comment

06 katana 600 - i am getting around 50 mpg, but I am using it mostly for commuting .. right now.
                          No matter how far down the wrong road you go, turn around!

Comment

got around 50 mpg too, but after I changed to the exhaust it's just 43 mpg

Comment

Wish I got near that! 31mpg is all I'm getting at the moment on a 2 mile there-and-back commute

I'll maybe do a full service over the long weekend and see if it improves, but with all I'm riding at the moment, I'm sure I use more fuel starting the damn thing than it uses up going past the two traffic lights to work lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X