Looking to install fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to install fans

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to install 1 or 2 fans up at the front of the 06 Katana in hopes of them helping with the oil cooling. I would like to have a stwitch to turn them on when im stuck in the stop and go traffic, and just turn them off when im on the highway/non stop and go. Anyone know how easy or hard this could be just because i don't know the best way to mount them and if they will cause any issues with my battery if i hopok directly to it.

Thanks again
    Batman
    1985 Suzuki GSX750S Katana
    2006 Suzuki GSX750F Katana

They tend to do more harm than good, as they are a permanent air blockage. A better choice would be using a synthetic oil, it can handle higher temps.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

ya i put royal purple in it this spring (no idea what was originally in it as i only picked bike up last fall). Last year i was having trouble with overheating just one day tho when i got stuck in stop and go but it was never stopped long enough to turn off the bike. I just don't want to experience that again lol
      Batman
      1985 Suzuki GSX750S Katana
      2006 Suzuki GSX750F Katana

Comment

Adjust the a/f screws to 2.5 turns out. That will richen the mixture a teeny bit, and that will help a small amount to keep the bike cooler.
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I installed a couple of high speed 12cm delta flow fans on mine with a switch on the handlebars and an oil temperature gauge. They really help the engine in heavy traffic IMHO. I turn them on and can watch the oil temp stop climbing then getting cooler. The fans are run through a relay switched by the ignition so no problem with forgetting to turn them off and draining the battery.
          1989 GSXF 750 Katana.
          V&H supersport exhaust, ported head, GSXR cams
          Michelin PR2's, RT fork springs and R6 shock

Comment

Working...
          X