X

The most hardcore rider ???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most hardcore rider ???

So who's the most hardcore, ride till there's ice on the road, ride in a torrential rainstorm, ride in anything kinda person you know?

Yourself maybe?

There's a guy around my house, works as a welder with my father in law, he's got a full dresser Hog, and this guy rides that beast till there is literally snow on the ground? 10 degrees outside, he's in his snowmobile suit and riding his bike to work and home, and he works second shift ! He never winterizes because snow is intermittent enough around here that he can justify riding nearly year around.

Not me but being from Ohio I have started my ride in the sun, then rain then sleet, then snow. MFG, I was sure glad it was only a 27 mile trip. lol
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I have ridden through hurricanes, but the most hardcore rider I know is a guy by the name of Mark "Tiger" Edmonds... He probably does more miles per year in most years that I have in any given decade.

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPeot
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

my best year to date was 48k kms...which is about 30k miles. the worst year was this year...only did about 8k miles. But I am pretty hardcore myself. Have done the snowsuit thing...have rode in storms that I thought were going to blow me off the road. The worst experience was a hail storm. I had all my gear on and gloves included. It was coming down so hard it was hurting my hands. Riding in it was hairy to say the least.
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I usualy ride right up until it snows....this year I go to the end of November, and in Canada that is pretty good...anything more than 2cm of snow and it is to much for me
          Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

I rode in the snow once. Took 15 minutes to get up the hill I live on. Sideways all the way up the hill. Then I'd get stuck. Do a kinda walkin burnout. Get moving again. Repeat process. The interesting thing is my roomates CBR 600 F4 had no problem he went straight up the hill at 15-20 mph. If the roads are clear I'll ride no matter how cold it is. I just bundle up. Its only a 15 minute ride to work or a 45 minute subway ride.
            '92 Kat restoration/mod project

Comment

Originally posted by Haggisman
              I usualy ride right up until it snows....
              I usually ride up until it snows too.....
              then I turn around and go home.

I vote for GixerKat and BearKat. Riding all the way up from LoCal to Hotlink's B-day party and back in cold, steady, rain on the freakin' 5 Fwy! May not seem like much to you guys back east but for us, un-freakin-believable!!
              sigpic

Comment

When I first started riding I rode year round, all the weather was nothing but new playground.

Now, I won't ride if it gets below 60, if the wind is above 15mph, or if it's raining.
                I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

I've got a friend with a KLR650 (former Kat owner) that is riding all winter even with -14C and a foot of snow and salt spray on everything. He paid about $1000 to stud his tires himself so he's trying to justify it I guess. He says his heated gloves and grips still don't warm his hands in these temperatures. I think he's nuts.

Here he and I are in warmer times...

Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

Man that looks like a great time beek, way cool pic!!

Comment

that does it.i'm riding this weekend 8)

Comment

hey beekman, nice scenery there. Was that pic taken around bowmanville/newcastle area?

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm

I vote for GixerKat and BearKat. Riding all the way up from LoCal to Hotlink's B-day party and back in cold, steady, rain on the freakin' 5 Fwy! May not seem like much to you guys back east but for us, un-freakin-believable!!
                          Why thank you TDRcomm. Don't worry, it was pretty uh-freakin-believable on my end too. It was Knotts berry farm to Malibu (5 to the 101?) and then Malibu to San Diego (405 to the 5) it didn't stop raining till about Oceanside. No rain gear either. That trip taught me the reason people drive H2 Hummers that are lifted about 10" of the ground......its so they can not see me and come into my lane, almost run me over and scare the cr@p out of me.
                          1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
                          2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
                          Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Originally posted by BearKat
                            Originally posted by tdrcomm

Why thank you TDRcomm. Don't worry, it was pretty uh-freakin-believable on my end too. It was Knotts berry farm to Malibu (5 to the 101?) and then Malibu to San Diego (405 to the 5) it didn't stop raining till about Oceanside. No rain gear either. That trip taught me the reason people drive H2 Hummers that are lifted about 10" of the ground......its so they can not see me and come into my lane, almost run me over and scare the cr@p out of me.

People buy Land Cruisers for that purpose, too.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hey Beek, are you sitting in the Rode? And where are you shoes????
                              Kan-O-Gixxer!
                              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                              -Ohlins Susupension
                              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                              X