No announcement yet.
X

Options for new vinyl

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going to order it next month and then I will try and put them on.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KAT6
      I would have to use soap and water to position the vinyl first.
      Could you elaberate on this... When I did the decals on my plane, I positioned everything on the plane with tape first, stood back, adjust, stand back, repeat, until I thought it was positioned correctly. Then peel back and apply. Good Luck.
      Biker chicks know how to ride.....

Comment

a local body shop said to use the soap and water so you could move the vinyl around until you found a position then use a hair dryer to lightly heat the vinyl until it sticks " I quess it drys the water so the glue sticks. i will have to try a small pc before I do it with the new stuff.
        sigpic

Comment

Had not heard of using soap and water. Will keep that in mind if I ever have a difficult installation.
          Biker chicks know how to ride.....

Comment

The reason for the soap and water is positioning, but you also need some sort of a sqeegee (sp) to remove the xcess water so that you can peel the tape that the vinyl is stuck to off. I've worked with vinyl for years with cars and bikes. If you want, I can get some done for you and it'll be cheaper than the shop, even with shipping. I have the same generation bike so I can measure off of mine. Later.

--MOX
            I may be going slow, but I'm having more fun than the guy with road rash.

Comment

everybody has flames these days it seems...they are cool for sure, but I'd go for the second one..its definately cool!

Comment

I havent bought the ones yet havent had the chance but I am deciding it is a toss up I just want my kat to be different
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KAT6
                  I havent bought the ones yet havent had the chance but I am deciding it is a toss up I just want my kat to be different
                  either one of those choices will definately make you stand out from the crowd..you'll have a beastly lookin Kat for sure. 8)

Comment

beastly! I like that.

thank you everyone for the input.
                    sigpic

Comment

I wouldnt pick neither of them. Just my opinon.

Mickey

Comment

Go with the first one, just the right amount of flash. My son was in the 3/7. Went to Irag with the first wave when they took Baghdad. He is out now and going to college. I will always have respect for the MARINES. Be safe.....
                        Rain or Shine, Onward I ride..........

Comment

i like the flames. the first one doesn't really look like anything.

Comment

i will be buying the flames next week. I did the first gulf war back in 91 I feel like a old man sometimes . I am going to need help putting the flames on. I will have to find someone to help.
                            sigpic

Comment

from one devildog to another,I realy like the decals in the second picture. Is that the kanji symbol for katana in the 1st picture?I just got a set of decals for my katana and i can't wait to put them on.
                              97 TL1000S,K&N filter,Micron exaust cans,Ceramic coated headers (black),Air box mod,+2 Rear sprocket ,Chrome Rims,Metzeler M1 tires,Polished Chain Guard,Heel Guards,Clutch and Brake Levers and Brake arm

Comment

Semper Fi. And yes it is a Kanji symbol I spent 3 years in Okinawa. Take your time with the graphics just the little stuff you see on my bike was a pain in the arse.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X