X

help please

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help please

Ok...my new engine is at the dealers and my bike is tore down for the workover.
    Here is where I am in need of some advice.
    As Cyber has pointed out, I am going to need a new swingarm and rear wheel...which also means brakes and shock....no big deal. But only no big deal if I had an idea what would fit on.
    What I need to know is what is the largest swingarm/wheel that I can just bolt onto a 93 1100 Kat frame? Ebay is full of this stuff, but I am not sure what to look for.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Mojoe I need some back information. Why do you need a new arm and wheel? What are you havening done to the engine? Chances are you aren't going to find a "bolt in" swing arm. Every swing arm mod I have seen has required extensive frame modifications.

Comment

A 200hp Vance & Hines race engine is going in it.

Comment

if you can find a 88-89 gsxr rear wheel complete with brake rotor and caliper and bracket it will fit right into a stock kat swing arm and the swing arm off the same bike will fit also.

Comment

Originally posted by sinfulkat
          if you can find a 88-89 gsxr rear wheel complete with brake rotor and caliper and bracket it will fit right into a stock kat swing arm and the swing arm off the same bike will fit also.
          This is garanteed? You know this for sure? Have you done it?
          I only ask because I want to be sure before I go out and buy.

Comment

I thought those years of Gixxer, the wheels were identical to the Kats for Pre-98. How wide are those? Needs to be checked.
            AMA member # 224227

Comment

I don't know which ones will fit (I suspect Walteri will), but I am surpized to hear that the engine is at the dealership rather than in your garage... Hmmm...

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Cyber
                I don't know which ones will fit (I suspect Walteri will), but I am surpized to hear that the engine is at the dealership rather than in your garage... Hmmm...
                Because I am buds with a couple of guys there and I am getting a decent deal on labor. Plus it will be garanteed...at least the assembly. It is mostly a time factor for me. I have not done enough bike engines to be efficient. And if a valve gets smacked into a piston, they will be responsible.

Comment

Waltari has swaped out the swingarm for a RF900 arm. As he would tell you, that is the closest fit but you have to make a special bushing for the different size pivot shaft of the Kat.
                  here is the link to Swingarm Swap

There are some mods you need to do. You can ask Frogger on KP also.
                  TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                  Who knows what is next?
                  Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                  Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
                  X