X

Removing stock exhaust for Hindle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing stock exhaust for Hindle

Just started to try and take off the stock exhaust for the bike. Got all the bolts undone. Any tricks to pull it out off the socket? And for anyone that has a Hindle, do I need a new (or the old) gasket? Tks.
    Biker chicks know how to ride.....

yes...old gasket will be fused to it...didn't Junior send the gasket with the Hindle?

Take your time lining up the mid-pipe...the lower bolt (near centerstand) is NOT used (lighter weight)
    there is a little angle brkt on the mid-pipe...that is a stop for the centerstand...use that to help line it up.

a couple of raps with a hammer will losen the whole thing...watch it...its a little heavy (compared to your new Hindle

Hope this helps (have you tackled the ign advancer yet?)

Comment

Originally posted by Range
      yes...old gasket will be fused to it...didn't Junior send the gasket with the Hindle?

Take your time lining up the mid-pipe...the lower bolt (near centerstand) is NOT used (lighter weight)
      there is a little angle brkt on the mid-pipe...that is a stop for the centerstand...use that to help line it up.

a couple of raps with a hammer will losen the whole thing...watch it...its a little heavy (compared to your new Hindle

Hope this helps (have you tackled the ign advancer yet?)
      Old gasket fuses to the HEADER.. not the mid pipe. Atleast mine did. I didn't need to replace the gasket when I put the pipe on , but my bike only had 3000km on it when I switched so the gasket was in pretty good shape. You may need some gasket goo or pick up a new gasket from the dealers.

Grab the exhaust can a wiggle it up/down a few times. You then should be able to twist/pull/wiggle the pipe from the header. Take a few mins but do it carefully and you'll be alright.

Putting the Hindle on is just the opposite. Twist/wiggle it into the header and make sure the can lines up with the tailend properly. You'll be able to tell when it's in all the way.

Comment

hmmm...I have an image of Junior in his leathers twisting and wiggleing...PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!

Comment

hmmm...I have an image of Junior in his leathers twisting and wiggleing...PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!

ewwww
          Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by woobie

ewwww
            Hey watch it Woobie... I'm quite a looker ya know!!

:^o

Comment

Will try wiggling some more tomorrow. I would rather have someone else with me if I am pulling too much, just to make sure the bike is steady. I have not did the ignition advancer yet. I thought I would leave that to a man to install...

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy
                Will try wiggling some more tomorrow. I would rather have someone else with me if I am pulling too much, just to make sure the bike is steady. I have not did the ignition advancer yet. I thought I would leave that to a man to install...
                The advancer is the easiest thing to install so don't give 'him' the satisfaction. You may get a little bit of oil dripping but don't worry about it.
                Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

go to the how-to's - i've posted the operation.

tim

Comment

WOW!
                    Awesome. Just got the pipe installed and started her up. I cannot believe that it is my bike! I am definately going for one more run, even if its only to Tims and back to warm up my hands . Can't wait to hear it on the open road!

Comment

WOW!
                      Awesome. Just got the pipe installed and started her up. I cannot believe that it is my bike! I am definately going for one more run, even if its only to Tims and back to warm up my hands . Can't wait to hear it on the open road!
                      I told you so....you can thank me with chees curds next summer!

(get the advancer installed?)

Post some pics...I miss Juniors Hindle

Comment

I was out taking pics while you were replying! Andancer is not installed just yet.
                        Picture is not so clear indoors. Will take some better pics of the bike when I drive it next time.

Comment

hey.....is that a packing peanut on the left?

Looks great Froggy....wait till you hear it at around 9K

Comment

Sorry, something must have went over my head...
                            Packing peanut????

Comment

That looks great Froggy.
                              I think Range was referring to those foam packing things that are used. How did the exhaust arrive to you
                              There was some joking about it before.
                              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Working...
                              X