X

Idle is alittle higher than normal...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle is alittle higher than normal...

Ever since I had the carbs cleaned and the plugs replaced..instead of my Kat idleing at 1000rpm..it's been at about 1300 at an idle. I just assumed maybe the carbs were that bad that it was chokin itself done alittle before, and now that they are clean, with new plugs, it generally idle's higher ? It never shut off on me or anything before so that wasnt a problem. And adjusting the idle is no big deal of course, but just thought I'd ask if I should adjust it down, or just leave it as is.

Mine idles around that all the time. It has been jetted and stuff. It says in my manual that the idle is around 1100 anyway. So +or- 100 I really wouldn't worry about it unless it is bothering you. I have tried idling mine down but it ran like crap. So I just leave it alone. Over the winter it is getting the carbs cleaned, new jets and sync. Anything else I can come up with that the wife will let me get away with...
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

yeah i dont think im gonna sweat it too much, she runs great, and plus with the choke cable fixed as well, its even better....

thanks High!!!

Comment

Working...
      X