X

Idle question or issue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle question or issue

I finally got the katana beast back together, If anyone remebers the pics from KP..

A couple of questions;
    I am using a throttle cable off a 88 600 on a set of 93 carbs.. on the 88 carbs, the throttle cable screws into the base on the carbs.. it does not do that on the 93 carbs.. should I place another nut on the bottom of the screw so that there is a nut on top and bottom of the base on the carbs?

The bike starts and idles but if I blimp the throttle, the rpms stay at about 3500 - 4000 grand... Is this because the cable is loose in the carb base?

Ideas or suggestions...

thanks
    misery loves company...

I have or had the same problem. I have '92 carbs with aftermarket motionpro throttle cable. I have to put the nut of the bottom or the rpms blast up to 4-5K. At first I thought I had the cable routed wrong causing it to pinch or just not close all the way. I tried routing the cable several different ways with no success. I also tried to adjust the high idle out with the idle screw which didn't work either. So I put the nut on the bottom. The throttle closes all the way now and the rpm's are fine, but what happens when the cable stretches? Now I can't adjust it. I hope it stretches far enough to fit the nut on top so I can adjust it. I think the throttle body can b adjusted but I didn't want to mess with that because I don't have the guage to sync the carbs.

Also check all the C-clamps between the airbox and the carbs. One time I had one of the clamps in the wrong position and it was holding the throttle open just slightly, keeping the rpm's up. The C-clamps should be pointing down.
    '92 Kat restoration/mod project

Comment

Carbs need to be adjusted and synched, and the idle set at about 1200 RPM ...............
      I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
      Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
      Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by Special K
        Carbs need to be adjusted and synched, and the idle set at about 1200 RPM ...............
        Exactly what he said, beat me to it!!
        Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X