X

Fuel Filter Placement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Filter Placement

When you guys install new fuel lines and filters, do you generaly install the filters closer to the tank or to the carbs...

I ask because the filters I got look similar to these and seems only to flow well if gravity is helping them (meaning installed somewhat vertically)

Explore JC Whitney for premium auto parts & accessories, dive into car culture, & stay updated with the latest automotive events & tech trends

Any suggestions?

As close to the carbs as reasonably possible, so that the filter is oriented at a downward angle instead of laid flat. For longer filters (like the one you're looking at), you either need to prefill it (by holding the tank up, so the filter fills up and the air drains most of the way), or insure that the filter and the line to it are lower than the petcock -- you want the path for the fuel to be downhill all the way, since the system is gravity fed. Sporatic fuel feed is often a problem with some of the larger filters for just that reason.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I know...these filters suck!

I've been having some weird accleration problems especially when riding slopes...but now I think I've got it

Thanks Marc!

Comment

Next time, try a samll fuel filter from NAPA.......they are about $4 and work well.

I can get part number off one of the ones I have here.....I normally try & keep 2 or 3 around. I replace them on every bike just about...........
        I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
        Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
        Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Suzuki part number 15410-19E00, $10 is the dealer solution. I'm not happy about the price, because it should be half that or less...

Oh well
          Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Fuel Filter??? We don't need no stinking Fuel Filter!!!!
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
            X