X

Hello!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

Hey everyone, I'm brand-spankin new here. Never ridden a bike or anything of that sort (well, a motorcycle anyway). I just wanted to say that the Katana 750 has caught my attention but I have a few questions about it. Mainly, is it suitable for these mountain areas here in Colorado Springs? I would love to take it on a sunny day through the twisty mountains... sounds like fun *gets warm fuzzy feeling*. One of my friends say a 750cc engine here won't be enough, and that I should look for a 1400cc instead. They keep showing me cruisers... but I want a sport/tour... this friend owns a Harley-Davidson so I'm wondering if that makes any difference at all.

I have spent the last few days scouring the forums here and would love any advice you all have!

*WOOT* I just got in to the MSF Basic Riding Course this weekend! WOOHOOOOOOOOO!

Thanks guys!
    Joshua

Welcome to KatRiders gibwar.
    In my opinion the Kat is more suited for the mountain twisties than a cruisers. A 750 sport/tourer delivers power much differently than a cruisers, so a 750 will be more than enough.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

welcome to KR.

Comment

Zuki is right gibwar, a kat is much more better than a cruiser for twisties, if you've never ridden a bike before you should start with a 600. Anyways i hope to see you around and show your friends a lesson with that piece of advice.
        Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

That is what I was thinking, I did a lot of research these last few days... I'm assuming it'll be just fine as well when I ride two up? Also, I'm 6'2 so I'm hoping this will be a comfortable bike!

Comment

welcome to KR gibwar. Good luck with your bike quest (get a katana)

Comment

i'm 6'2'' and have no problems with being comfortable on my 750. though when riding two-up, sometimes a sudden or quick stop will push my girlfriend forward putting my boys into the tank slightly. no big deal. she's learned the hands on the tank deal and it's getting better. have fun and welcome to kr!

Long Live the D

Comment

welcome to KR!
                West of Germany
                greetz Carsten

Comment

6'5" here, and find the Kat very comfortable. I did raise the rear on mine with shorter dogbones, but that has nothing to do with comfort hile riding, pretty much just at a stop and such.
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                  X