X

New Kat Rider

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kat Rider

Hello everyone, I just received my older brothers 06-750 katana and I have been riding like crazy. I am very excited about having my own bike but there is a couple of problems I am currently having with it. My brother won't tell me how to fix anything and he says "It builds experience and know how with the bike." I don't think I can figure things out on my own. So I'm looking forward to learning and meeting new people on katriders.com.

Welcome aboard.
    Your brother is being...a brother.

Easiest way to learn is have someone show you the correct way. Having to figure shit out on your own usually just leads to doing it wrong, or getting frustrated, giving up, and never learning.

There's a manual available to download in mechanics 101, it's a great place to start. We're a pretty good resource too
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Between the service manual, this forum, patience and the right tools I'm sure you'll be fine...Welcome!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zero-KatRider View Post
        My brother won't tell me how to fix anything and he says "It builds experience and know how with the bike."
        That's awesome!
        Download and read both the factory and Haynes manual. The factory manual is more for the more exp and the Haynes has more detailed in-depth info with pics. But sit down, read both over and over, get your hands dirty and refer back to them, get on here and search what others have done and soon it will click and you'll be like oh that's how you do that

Comment

Working...
        X