Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shpielers
    replied
    Ha, found it!

Can't get it to run right? Find a trick to add HP?
    From the first oil change to completely rebuilding the engine,
    this is the place to talk about the heart of the beast!

So, you'll want to do this too. It's not strictly speaking the adjustment, but man oh man will it be smoother after.

Leave a comment:

• Myers2002
    replied
    Originally posted by shpielers View Post
    Oops, well, yep, the one that Junker linked to is indeed the one I meant.

If you have a rusty gas tank, and then get fuel in the airbox, that might make for a brownish filter...
    or if the crankcase is too full, and oil is coming in the airbox, that could as well.
    OK thank you I'm gonna clean them this weekend I just gotta learn how to adjust floats

Leave a comment:

• shpielers
    replied
    Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
    Actually I think HS2020 was the one who did the clutch adj write up... or did I do one too? I don't remember. Lol.

Krey
    Oops, well, yep, the one that Junker linked to is indeed the one I meant.

If you have a rusty gas tank, and then get fuel in the airbox, that might make for a brownish filter...
    or if the crankcase is too full, and oil is coming in the airbox, that could as well.

Leave a comment:

• Myers2002
    replied
    Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
    Should be around 45ish
    Hopefully cleaning the carbs will do it

Leave a comment:

• 92xjunker
    replied
    Should be around 45ish

Leave a comment:

• Myers2002
    replied
    I linked HS2020's thread.....
    So I don't know if this helps but I got 15 mpg.. Which was 70 miles on a tank.

Leave a comment:

• 92xjunker
    replied
    I linked HS2020's thread.....

Leave a comment:

• Kreylyn
    replied
    So, proper clutch adjustment isn't just at the bar, it's also at the engine case. Use the Google search function at the top right and search clutch adjustment, look for the write up by Krey. It's well written, easy to follow, and damn makes a nice difference. Pretty easy to do even for someone inexperienced.
    Actually I think HS2020 was the one who did the clutch adj write up... or did I do one too? I don't remember. Lol.

Krey

Leave a comment:

• Myers2002
    replied
    You sure it isn't just dirty? Burnt would be bad
    Go figure I tried blowing it off but it is brownish on one side not all the way but a part of it why do u say that's bad

Leave a comment:

• shpielers
    replied
    You sure it isn't just dirty? Burnt would be bad

Leave a comment:

• Myers2002
    replied
    Originally posted by Myers2002 View Post
    Thanks man will be doing that this weekend
    One mote thing why do u think my air cleaner is burnt

Leave a comment:

• Myers2002
    replied
    So, proper clutch adjustment isn't just at the bar, it's also at the engine case. Use the Google search function at the top right and search clutch adjustment, look for the write up by Krey. It's well written, easy to follow, and damn makes a nice difference. Pretty easy to do even for someone inexperienced.

Thanks man will be doing that this weekend

Leave a comment:

• shpielers
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 92xjunker
    replied
    If you have the tool or you can make one. Search the site for plans.

Leave a comment:

• Myers2002
    replied
    All depend on the condition of the rubber seals. At the least you'll need float needles and carb dip. I would recommend a full rebuild, kits and all the other things it doesn't include. How's that tank look? Rust? Specifically the top of the tank, that's where your tank will be exposed to air more often. Always sync when you deal with the carbs, even if you didn't turn anything.
    Tank looks good OK thank I appreciate all the help can I sync them myself

Leave a comment:

Working...
X