X

Hello, got a mutt here

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, got a mutt here

Hello everyone. I recently got semi hustled on craigslist. I got a 1990 gsx 1100 f premier for 420.00 and it actually had a title. I'm a mechanic and as figured the motor was locked up, the bike was pretty stripped down due to the "minor electrical issue" that was grounding it. I get to looking and it's got a 95 ish bandit 600 motor on it. Still, I pour in some oil in the cylinders and we proceed to push it around the yard in the 6th gear it shouldn't even have. It comes unstuck, then I drain the oil and low and behold it's got about 4 gallons of gas in the oil... 5 years this bike sat at the last owners house, because of a bad peacock and hydralock motor..... I cut out the rat eaten connectors and hard wired most of the bike and she started without even cleaning the carbs, didn't run good but started all the same. For the price of a battery and some oil and plugs I have a running 1990 1100, bandit 600 with 2001 honda rear seat section and tail peice, Honda fender, Kawasaki ninja carbs lol.... I'm super impressed with this bike for not being a rusty p.o.s. the super adjustable rear shock is the coolest feature in my opinion.
    We may not always win the game, but we never lose the party.

Wow yeah that's a franekbike. At least it was cheap!
    Good luck with whatever direction you decide to go with on that.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Direction.... I'm gonna title it and drive it for awhile. I have an 86 gsxr 750 that was more fish tank than street bike when I got it. I have stolen the curved oil cooler from a 91 gsxr750 and Nissin 4 piston brakes off of it and just got done making a clear windshield from a Yamaha Vulcan windsheild I had layin around. I think there is a certain charm about making a chaotic mass of parts function properly. I'm going to jet it for the pod filters and see how long I can make 500 bucks go back and forth to work weather permitting. 4 days and it's free. when I was younger I would have grand plans, they would lead to interesting and frustrating problems. Now that I'm older I find the frustrating problems and the interesting fixes are the grand plan. Here it is when I bought it a week ago
      Last edited by Mrontime; 07-17-2017, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Another 250.00 spent. On the advice of all members of the site I dropped 25 bucks on a complete factory air box... hopefully the filter is still in it lol. I ordered new tires, and a 600 bandit 4 to 1 exhaust manifold with a yoshi pipe on it also. The 16" tires are a head scratcher but I finally found a set of Shinto or something.... too bad the battle axes don't seem to be made anymore, or I didn't dig deep enough.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mrontime View Post
          Another 250.00 spent. On the advice of all members of the site I dropped 25 bucks on a complete factory air box... hopefully the filter is still in it lol. I ordered new tires, and a 600 bandit 4 to 1 exhaust manifold with a yoshi pipe on it also. The 16" tires are a head scratcher but I finally found a set of Shinto or something.... too bad the battle axes don't seem to be made anymore, or I didn't dig deep enough.....
          The 1100 kat was stock 16" wheels.

There are a few options for upgrading those to 17" wheels if you were so inclined.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Yeah, the 750 roller i have has 17s on it allready. But i was able to get some tires, i kinda like the original enkei wheels. I chose against the 17's right now cause the rear is a 200mm and i dont wanna go that wide. Bonus! I only broke one stud off getting the 1100 headers off the 600..... the last one. Gonna try welding a nut on whats left out and working it out tomarrow.

Comment

Working...
            X