X

read once in a while but never posted so here it goes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• read once in a while but never posted so here it goes

im 45 and katana 600 is my first bike. I bought it for $1400 2 1/2 years ago. I commute on it daily, half curvy back roads and half highway. I've put on 13000 miles. it is scraped up and the front end is bent so I have learned to ride with the handle bars turned to the left a few inches. I wonder if I ever try a different bike will i end up going in circles. The suzuki dealer says they can fix it for $1200. Thats not worth it. They said they could do it for less if I buy a used front end. Still probably not worth it. I think I will just save for something eventually and enjoy Katie in the mean time. What do you guys think? How many of you Nick named your katana katie?

Ummmm, seriously.....fix your bike. It's not hard to change the forks.. if you plan on selling it, you won't get but $150 and its mighty irresponsible to risk your own safety for the sake of just being cheap. Oh and welcome to Katriders.
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 04-23-2017, 12:57 PM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Welcome to KR.
      I named mine Beauty. (As in Black beauty, the horse)
      What ^ said, that really really needs fixing. Swapping the front end isn't hard, if you have basic tools you can do it yourself.
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Working...
      X