Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Need major help with my 750 carb gas problems!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need major help with my 750 carb gas problems!!

Hey guys I'm new to katanas and working on them,, just picked up a 1996 kat 750,, come to find out the carbs were leaking out of the air vent hose, idk why?? Carbs look good and clean,, then I pop the oil open and smell gas?? Bikes been sitting for bout year then I bought it and brought it home,, in need of much help..

Originally posted by Thawn25 View Post
    Hey guys I'm new to katanas and working on them,, just picked up a 1996 kat 750,, come to find out the carbs were leaking out of the air vent hose, idk why?? Carbs look good and clean,, then I pop the oil open and smell gas?? Bikes been sitting for bout year then I bought it and brought it home,, in need of much help..
    Just clean the carbs (carb 101 on this website is a full walkthru) and make sure the float needles are in good condition.

Then change the oil...

krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

So I'm not f&$@ed

Comment

So I'm not f&$@ed
        No, it's an simple fix, and common issue with these kind of carbs. Also don't leave the bike on prime ever... but it's the carbs that ultimately stop the fuel flow from flooding (specifically float and float needle). If they sit, they tend to leak there due to fuel deposits not allowing the needles seal. Most times cleaning is the fix. There are carb kits to replace the needles if they are dmged.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Oh and will a 600 carb kit work?

Cause I have one for a 600 but if not I'll buy 750

And I need to lower it, the shocks are down all the way, but I can't find the right lowering links to fit it cause from what I read it said something bout that years links curve.. can you point me to the right links, cause I barley touch the ground and I think another 1 1/2 would do the trick
          Last edited by Thawn25; 01-26-2017, 10:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Oh and will a 600 carb kit work?

Cause I have one for a 600 but if not I'll buy 750

And I need to lower it, the shocks are down all the way, but I can't find the right lowering links to fit it cause from what I read it said something bout that years links curve.. can you point me to the right links, cause I barley touch the ground and I think another 1 1/2 would do the trick
            I'm not aware of any differences in the orings/seals or float needles, so off hand I'm going to say yes, they will probably work.

As for lowering it... you really don't want to use lowering links anyways.

An 08+ R6 shock will naturally drop the rear 3/4". That shock will be a huge improvement over your stock shock anyways, and so the bike will ride much better. You probably need to do an oil change on the forks anyways, so I'd suggest you do that, disassemble and inspect. When your doing that, you can add a simple spacer inside the forks that will reduce the total travel... thus lowering the front. I'd suggest at this time to consider installing Racetec springs and gold valve emulators for really making the bike handle and ride well.

Any more than 3/4" lower I'd suggest you move to shaving the seat down (remove foam, add Gel) ... 1" foam is equivalent to 1/4" gel pad. So take out 2" foam, add 1/2" gel pad... recover, and you gained 1.5" with the same comfort cushion feeling on the seat.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Comment

Dude your a kat god...

Comment

So 08+ R6 stock shock?

Comment

So 08+ R6 stock shock?
                  Yes.

You will need a couple of simple shims for the lower bolt hole. The Kat bolt is 8mm, the r6 is 10mm. So look on ebay and get a 10mm OD 8mm ID shim. You can cut it down pretty easy, only needs to be like 3-4mm wide.

krey
                  93 750 Kat

Comment

Dude your a kat god...
                    Yes he is. Ask him about the time he fished a full dresser Harley Davidson out of the river. A legend at least. bzzzzzzz bzzzzzzz bzzzzzzz

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Working...
                    X