X

Plus wires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plus wires

Hi i have a 95 katana i was going to change my spark plus in my bike when the wire came completely out of the boot that goes over the plug so my question is do they make wirea for that or do i have to get buy wire and cut n splice it in im just going to chamge them all over the winter thanks

The wire will go back on there. FYI cut a 1/4 off the end first (clean wire) then screw the boot back on the wire. It is an 8mm copper core wire and they can be changed. It's trick on the coils due to the clip being real easy to break, a hair dryer used to warm the clip helps.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Ok thank you i was going to replace them just cuz its a 95 and stock wires i figured a tune up would be good for it but i couldnt fine wires for it. Now iff that clip did happen to break can you buy the clips or do you have to buy the whole coil

Comment

I haven't really looked for them.....
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

You won't be able to find the clips separate, least not that I've found.

Honestly you don't really need to replace the wires unless they are damaged and/or arcing. Run the bike in the dark with the tank off, and you can see if they are arcing really easily.

It is common to need to clip back the wires a short amount and screw the boots back on. The engine heat tends to cook the wire ends and harden them loosening the connections. Pull off/screw off the boots, clip back to the point the wire is flexible. The tips will be hard as a rock most likely. Once done, screw the boots back on.

Be sure to check the boots are in good condition as well in this process. Also looking into the plug wells when running for the arc check.

As mentioned, you can replace the wires if needed, but really only needed if damged. Generally same with the boots.

If your having weak spark issues, that is more likely a wiring issue for the power being provided to the coils. A minimal of 11v must be provided to the coils for a good hot spark.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

It tan fine fine before thanks i just figured i just bought it and its in the garage tore apart for the winter i was going to replace themcuz then i took the boot off the number 1 plug the wire just fell out of the boot bit i didnt relize it was that easy to cut it and screw it on thanks

Comment

Working...
            X