X

Lots of Kat Questions!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of Kat Questions!!

I have a ton of questions about a 750 I just picked up. Love the hell out of it already but it is across the spectrum from what I rode before. Need a patient mentor. Haha
    sigpic"No lamb for the lazy Wolf" - Norseman Beliefs

Questions can't be answered unless they are asked.

Of course, you could do a little poking around in the archives first....

Comment

True

First, on this bike when I start it the oil disappears from the sight glass. Is that normal? It would only go down half way on previous bikes. When it isn't running the oil sits just under the full mark.

Comment

I spent most of my life in the Wink/Kermit area teaching 12th grade English. My wife and I left there for Colorado in 2012. The last two decades I was in Texas, I was the house musician at Venezia Restaurant on Wadley in Midland; rode my bikes from Wink to do that an average of 4 nights per week for twenty plus years. Welcome! Midland, Texas...wow!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Yes, it's normal if you're looking at it on while on the Sidestand.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Thanks 92xjunker. I am already loving the katana. Do you know where I can find a PDF on oil changes? All I got was the bike, title, and keys.

Comment

Can't get it to run right? Find a trick to add HP?
              From the first oil change to completely rebuilding the engine,
              this is the place to talk about the heart of the beast!

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran
              If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Thanks again!

Comment

Welcome to KR, wow another Midland person, unfortunately I don't live there anymore but I am in the Lubbock area now.
                  Sadly, I can't answer your questions but this is a great site with a great community.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHonoharu View Post
                    Welcome to KR, wow another Midland person, unfortunately I don't live there anymore but I am in the Lubbock area now.
                    Sadly, I can't answer your questions but this is a great site with a great community.
                    So did you ever eat on the patio at Venezia and see the hippie singer wearing chaps?

and Byron...go out to the bike place on the Odessa highway...they were great to me for 7 years of riding...bought a new 06 Kat there. Good folks...

Midland Power Sports
                    5800 W Hwy 80
                    (432) 697-7672
                    Last edited by zuma; 10-23-2016, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Thanks zuma. I will check them out.

I will do that Zuma.
                      Last edited by 750Byron; 10-24-2016, 06:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
                        So did you ever eat on the patio at Venezia and see the hippie singer wearing chaps?
                        Unfortunately not, I am a poor college student, next time I visit I will make it a point to go, surprisingly the entire time I lived there I never been.
                        I, too, vouch for Midland Powersports got my used 06 Kat 600 there and know a lot of the staff.

Comment

Hey Honoharu I go to Lubbock regularly. Maybe one day we will ride the loop together.

Zuma it has been a long time since being there.
                          Last edited by 750Byron; 10-24-2016, 06:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Me too...I was their house musician for over two decades...left there May 30, 2012 and have been in the Rocky Mountaina ever since...an' I ain't a coming down...

Comment

I cannot blame you zuma. I lived in the springs for 3 years and leaving nearly killed me.

Comment

Working...
                              X