New Rider, First bike = Kat750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rider, First bike = Kat750

Hello everyone,

I took my MSF course this past weekend, loved it, and even before this past weekend(Friday afternoon) I bought a 1998 750 Katana! I had the seller ride it to my house, since I've never rode before and he was totally cool about it. Anyways, after class Sunday I obviously had to put my new skillz to use, took the beast out for a ride on my street and the one next to it haha. Felt so awesome! Then yesterday after work I took it onto our neighborhood Parkway (30/35mph speedlimit) and let me tell you, once I got on the Parkway and got up to 30 I had the biggest grin on my face and started giggling like a little school girl! It was so freaking awesome!! I rode it around the neighborhood for the rest of the evening (like 4 hours) and the feels were there the whole time! Especially when riding past the kids who were staring at me and the bike like I was a real-life Iron Man, and I gave them the obligatory Rev and watched them grin just as hard as me! To add the cherry on top, I motorcycle waved 3 times in the neighborhood! THIS. IS. AWESOME! I look forward to chatting with you all about whatever, I'm in Northern Virginia area so if anyone wants to ever ride (once I'm ready to take it out of the neighborhood haha) please let me know! I'm waiting for my best bud to get his bike soon too.

That's all for now

Edit: 16k mileage
    Last edited by Kingslayah; 08-02-2016, 06:55 AM.
    1998 GSX750F Katana
    New Rider

Welcome to Katriders
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Welcome to KR.
      2002 750 Kat
      2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
      2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
      2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
      1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
      2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Welcome, not bad milage for that age. Any pics?

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll absolutely post some pics today! It looks like a Streetfighter.
          1998 GSX750F Katana
          New Rider

Comment

Welcome. Had the same feeling the first time out on my first bike. Its been 8 years and it still hasn't completely gone away
            1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
              Welcome. Had the same feeling the first time out on my first bike. Its been 8 years and it still hasn't completely gone away
              Thank you and good to know it will still be an experience down the road!
              1998 GSX750F Katana
              New Rider

Comment

Welcome to KR. Have fun, but be safe

Comment

Originally posted by Kingslayah View Post
                  Hello everyone,

I took my MSF course this past weekend, loved it, and even before this past weekend(Friday afternoon) I bought a 1998 750 Katana! I had the seller ride it to my house, since I've never rode before and he was totally cool about it. Anyways, after class Sunday I obviously had to put my new skillz to use, took the beast out for a ride on my street and the one next to it haha. Felt so awesome! Then yesterday after work I took it onto our neighborhood Parkway (30/35mph speedlimit) and let me tell you, once I got on the Parkway and got up to 30 I had the biggest grin on my face and started giggling like a little school girl! It was so freaking awesome!! I rode it around the neighborhood for the rest of the evening (like 4 hours) and the feels were there the whole time! Especially when riding past the kids who were staring at me and the bike like I was a real-life Iron Man, and I gave them the obligatory Rev and watched them grin just as hard as me! To add the cherry on top, I motorcycle waved 3 times in the neighborhood! THIS. IS. AWESOME! I look forward to chatting with you all about whatever, I'm in Northern Virginia area so if anyone wants to ever ride (once I'm ready to take it out of the neighborhood haha) please let me know! I'm waiting for my best bud to get his bike soon too.

That's all for now

Edit: 16k mileage
                  Lol, great post!
                  '92 GSX1100F Red/Maroon

Comment

Thanks man! BTW here is a pic of the beauty!

1998 GSX750F Katana
                    New Rider

Comment

Working...
                    X