Hello people

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello people

Steve from Ireland

I will be picking up a 93 750 katana next week any issues I should look out for when viewing the bike

That 2nd gear works. Other than that, nothing special you wouldn't do for any other 20+ year old bike.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

+1. Thought I would add to smell the oil for fuel. Not a real issue just seems to be a problem for people to rebuild carbs correctly.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Got the bike very happy small issues thinking blocked pilot jet she boggy taking off from lights and if I have the revs below 2000 rpm she cuts out

Comment

Got the carbs cleaned synced and balanced. 93 (K) what is the tank range ?

Comment

Taking it easy getting from full to empty 115 - 120 miles

Comment

Empty meaning the beginning of the red zone? Still have another gallon. Tank on a non CA spec bike is something like 4.7 gallons. Use the trip meter to figure out how many miles you go in a fill up and divide it by # of gallons it takes to fill it all the way. That'll give you mpg. Should be 45-50 for a bike in good shape, total tank range over 180 miles. Aggressive riding, improperly inflated tires, brake drag etc can all effect it.
              1998 Katana 750
              1992 Katana 1100
              2006 Ninja 250

Comment

No that full to I am pushing the bike to service station. Just had carbs stripped cleaned and balanced. It has a 4 into 1 motad system standard otherwise. Don't drive on mostly 6th gear in and out motorway.

Comment

A properly running Kat in the states will get mid 40's to 50 MPG, depending on your riding style.
                  "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran

Comment

Had roughly 14 litres fuel in tank today 35 miles up motorway at 65-70 mph and 35 back as well as 3 miles town driving and was out petrol being pushed up the road

Comment

First, why were you being pushed, gauge bad? Near the red zone, fill up...
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran

Comment

14L =~4 gallons. 70 miles/4 gallons = 17mpg = that's a problem. Check your crankcase for fuel (open the oil filler hole and take a wiff). If it doesn't smell like fuel, look for leaks/cracked or torn hoses. if that's fine, pull your plugs. If they're black as your ex's heart, you're running rich, we can advise how to chase that down. In they aren't, can you push the bike around fine in neutral? (Are the brakes binding) if that's also fine...dunno, time for a compression test?
                        1998 Katana 750
                        1992 Katana 1100
                        2006 Ninja 250

Comment

Working...
                        X