New bike 88/95 Katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New bike 88/95 Katana

Hey

Well this is the first street bike I have owned and bought this bike off Craig's list for $400 and drove it home only mistake I made was not looking it over better but qlaf I found the site I'm going to need your alls help.

Welcome.....for $400 don't expect much to be right.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders. With some research and reading on this site, some good tools, and some basic mechanical skills you will do just fine. A very good way to become familiar and comfortable with your Katana.

Comment

Well just now was able to give it a good look over now I don't claim to be a moto mechanic I've worked on a lot of cars but I found 2 fixable oil leaks and 1thats got me wondering what to do 1 is from a sensor behind sprocket cover and other is coming from a oil pan which are no biggies now the 1 I'm worried about is there's oil coming from the header hole which makes me think a piston ring so I'm jump over to the mechanics forum and bug the crap out those poor mechanics lol

Comment

We are everything katana here....ie: we are the mechanics... we just change hats..
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your purchase. To be able to ride home a $400 bike is really a great start to a good rebuild. Good luck with your project and don't hesitate to ask questions and use the search feature of the forum.
              2005 Harley Davidson Softtail Deuce
              2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
              1995 Kawasaki GPz1100
              1988 Suzuki GSX1100 Katana
              1983 Suzuki GS1100E

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.
                ~Author Unknown

Comment

Working...
                X