X

Greetings from the Buckeye State!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from the Buckeye State!

Hey, everyone. I just bought my first "real" bike, a 2002 Kat 600. I did a BUNCH of reading here to make sure this would be a good started bike for me, so thanks to all who have contributed to the discussions!

I've ridden a little 150 twist-and-go scooter for a few summers to make sure I enjoy riding and have enough time to do it. It was time to upgrade and I found this bike locally for a really good price. Took it out for the first time yesterday (finally 60 degrees in NE Ohio!) and had a blast! The only issue it has is a broken right turn signal cover on the front. The bulb still works. If I want to fix it, can I just replace the cover, or will I be replacing an entire "unit" (i.e. bulb, wires, cover, etc.)? How difficult is something like that? I'm no pro mechanic, but I'm hoping to do it by myself. Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

Welcome!

Just the cover can be replaced. It's held in by 2 screws, very easy to do yourself.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Thanks. Any recommendations on where to get the covers by themselves? Everything I'm finding online seems to be the entire unit. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places? I need "smoked" covers, since that's what's on the bike everywhere else.

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders. You can buy some used covers on ebay and spray with 'night shades' (from auto parts store) to get the level of tint you like. Just take your time and spray lightly. Works fine.

Comment

Welcome from Massillon!

I spoke to a gentleman a few days ago about helping his daughter's boyfriend buy a bike that mentioned he was going to look at a kat. I mentioned this site, just wondering if you are here because of me.
          1990 GSX1100F- abandoned in 2005, rescued by me in 2011, I'm gonna ride it if it's the last thing I do.

1981 GS750EX- Father in law gave to me, full resto in progress with late model suspension.

1979 GS850G Free shafty

1978 GS550E- The wife bought it for me for father's day (So she could learn to ride on it too)

1977 RM80- My son's resto.... he's 3...

2012 Qigo quad- pink Camo for my little princess.

Comment

Welcome to KR from a little more towards the center of the state.

Comment

No, that wasn't me. I stumbled onto the site myself while doing some research. What a great resource! I live in the city of Salem (about halfway between Canton and Youngstown).

Comment

Salem, I'm heading out that way with my brother in law in a few weeks to get rid of a few ground hogs for a friend.

Welcome again
                1990 GSX1100F- abandoned in 2005, rescued by me in 2011, I'm gonna ride it if it's the last thing I do.

1981 GS750EX- Father in law gave to me, full resto in progress with late model suspension.

1979 GS850G Free shafty

1978 GS550E- The wife bought it for me for father's day (So she could learn to ride on it too)

1977 RM80- My son's resto.... he's 3...

2012 Qigo quad- pink Camo for my little princess.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Working...
                  X