New Kat Rider - GSX750F

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kat Rider - GSX750F

Hi guys,

Recently picked up a new bike after searching all summer for something I liked at a great deal. I found this beauty (1993 Katana 750) for $1300 in almost perfect running condition. Previous owner had the bike since 2000. It has fairly high miles (36,000), but still feels great. I could tell that the previous owner took care of it. It is a very nice step up from my previous bike which was a 1980 Honda CB650c. I'm hoping to get some good experience riding safely and doing my own maintenance on this bike.

See full res here - http://i.imgur.com/rPp3HFv.jpg?1S

Anyways, I've put on about 500 miles so far in the last couple weeks. It's been leaking a little oil from the engine somewhere. I think it might be the valve cover. Probably going to disassemble everything this winter to clean and rebuild with fresh gaskets. I haven't seen a specific section for the 750's here, but I think they are pretty similar to the 600's. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could point me in the right direction on the best forums to use for my bike and if there are any really good DIY rebuild type posts that are picture heavy.

Great bike, 36,000 isn't a lot of miles for these bikes. Some have gone 100,000 miles. The 600 and 750 are pretty much the same, different tails and motors, that's it. First start with a full maintenance schedule, check the tire dates, chain and sprocket wear including the drive sprocket. What mods are you looking for? I would without a doubt upgrade the suspension, it's like night and day.
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 10-29-2014, 04:30 PM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

36K isn't high or even "fairly" high. Welcome, enjoy the ride.

Comment

Nice bike! Welcome! There is a manual for download in the katana wiki section (link is at the top)
        My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
        2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Really nice looking. Welcome

Comment

+1, got 72k on mine and 0 issues. 36k is just getting broken in.
            1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Welcome to KR!
              sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
              1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
              2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
              First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
              Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

I've started to disassemble the bike for my winter project. Got the plastics off and found a lot of dirty engine parts! Oil has been leaking from various parts of the engine it appears. I'll be cleaning everything up and working on general maintenance. Here are some pics showing a few angles and the levels of dirty on the bike.

Album here: http://imgur.com/a/zKAOE

Comment

Nice bike...welcome to KR!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

FYI - as tempting as it might be to use a pressure washer to remove some of the junk and get things cleaned up, don't. They tend to remove grease from various bearings that need it, and tend to force water into electrical connections and accelerate corrosion.
                    1998 Katana 750
                    1992 Katana 1100
                    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Working...
                    X