• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new so be gentle

Ok i was told about this site by dee-dub

I have a 99 kat 600 as well as a gixxer K5 1K

Here's my story i hope you have time.

I picked up my Kat in 99 brand new. The only reason why i got a bike was because my cousin got a new (at the time) R6. I went to the local dealer and picked out a beautiful red one, It was a total impulse buy. I knew nothing about bikes but I had to have one.

I called my cousin to ride it home for me, and as he did I followed in my car with a smile from ear to ear. I got it home not soon enough, my cuz went over the basics with me and jumped on to take her for a ride. I got to the stop sign at the cornor of my street, looked for cars then was ready to go. I twisted back on the throttle and was shocked on how nice the bike sounded but it was a bit loud. Being that this was my first bike exp i didnt knoow what all the noise was about, i thought nothing of it and let go of the clutch.

If you guys/gals didnt think a Kat could do a willie from a dead stop let me tell you they can (from what my sis says) so as im rolling in the neighbors grass im thinking to my self "maybe buying a bike wanst such a good idea after all". I guess what had happened was that i gave way too much gas and looped it, i came down and hit the curb and the bike ejected me. So now i got my senses back and i hear someone say "hey are you alright? dang that car almost nailed you" . GREEEEAAAAAAT. so i pick up my 2 hr old baby and jump back on to ride it home, which was four houses away, and while riding i noticed there was no brakes because in the accident i had managed to break off the leaver. so needless to say i had to down shift and use the foot break to stop.

The damage was minor but it felt like the worst thing that had ever happened to me. So i slowly put her back together with some nice aftermarket parts and practiced everyday till i got it down good.

I dont ride her any more due to another accident in the mtns that ended up cracking my pelvic bone and smashing her fairings. i bought all the stuff to put her back together again but i dont have the patience to do it again and i also have a new love in my life, my 1k.
    I have learned to respect the bikes alot more and i will never forget the fun i had on my first bike. But you know maybe being on this board will get me a newlook on her and maybe ill doi it one more time.

im in so cal always looking for a ride, so all you locals hit me up. im down to roll almost anywhere.

welcome

welcome to katriders hope youll change your mind about the kat though great bike you`ll always remember your first

Comment

some pics of the bikes would be nice
      allways good to c another kat

Comment

oups I am a lot of things but gentle ain't one of them

Welcome to KR
        Guylaine
        Try and keep up now

Comment

hey, its a local boy. welcome to kr, enjoy the ride.

Bob

Pre 98's Rock!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...&id=1593731870

http://www.myspace.com/bobbyma

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Welcome!!

I'm sure you're a nice guy dispite your
              connections.. And choice of year..

Comment

Hey...look what the Kat dragged in! ...

Comment

Welcome 2 KR!

Comment

Welcome!
                    -----------------------
                    2000 Katana 750
                    K&N Filter and Jet Kit
                    Yoshi Slip-on
                    Katana Tank Bra
                    Polished bar ends
                    100W Zenon Headlight

Comment

Thnx for the welcome, maybe i'll see some of you around on a ride somtime. Be safe out there.

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                        One project done, now on to the next few!!
                        Explanation to girlfriend," I could be blowing time and money on strippers and booze!!!"

"Ahhh! The bliss of retirement and being broke all at the same time!!"

Comment

welcome nice to have you...another socal rider NICE!!!!
                          The only way to go some where you have never been before is to get lost!!!

Comment

welcome to KR! 8)
                            West of Germany
                            greetz Carsten

Comment

Welcome to KR, sorry to hear about the accidents but good to see you've been able to keep your spirits up.

Lets find that kat a good home everyone !

Comment

Working...
                              X